Where to get bh4 supplement?

Home Forums Autism Mastery Supplements Where to get bh4 supplement?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was trying to get a bh4 supplement for a patient and the one that was profiled doesn’t seem available anymore, the one from Ecological Formulas. Any other source besides compounding pharmacies? If compounding pharmacies, any differences among the ones you mentioned?

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

At this point I don’t know either. I just found out from a patient who was using BH4 online sometime ago, went back online to purchase and it disappeared. She contacted some of the compounding pharmacies that are often used and they are having a hard time getting it too.

I would suggest contacting Lee-Silsby and/or Hopewell Pharmacies to inquire about their current supply.

This happened a few years ago when DMSA was readily available as a supplement, then within a short period of time it disappeared from retail sales.

Dr. Woeller

Dr. Woeller,

I’ve read in the past some studies that found that pesticide free Royal Jelly contains many of the cofactors to create BH4. Also, if I remember correctly, NADH supports the conversion of BH2 to BH4. I thought you had mentioned Royal Jelly in one of the modules, but not recalling which one right now. If BH4 is scarce, what amounts would you recommend of these to supplements, if needed?

Kim

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Kim,
        I mentioned Royal Jelly regarding biofilm formation. I didn’t know about the BH4 aspect.

NADH – 5mg daily for kids, 10mg for adults.
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.