Urine porphyrins test; yeast tx

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Urine porphyrins test; yeast tx

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr. Woeller,
    My 3 year old new patient with autism has brought in a urine porphyrins test (Doctors Data Lab) with a creatinine level of 171, which is maxed out above the +2 SDs (normal 15 to 120). Could this be attributed to dehydration? Would you recommend a Urinalysis and BUN/Cr screening before the test dose of DMSA for the pre and post challenge test? There are multiple pophyrin abnormalities above the 95th percentile.

Also, his CSDA (also Doctors Data) has many yeast with elevated sIgA, with 2 cultures sensitive to Nystatin. Should I wait for the Arabinose on the OAT before proceeding with treatment?

Thanks so much.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Shiva,
      It is likely dehydration. In all my years of practice I have never had a child come back high for creatinine on a blood test indicating true kidney dysfunction. However, if you are going to be doing chelation therapy beyond just low dose DMSA or the child hasn’t had any blood work I feel it is warranted to get done.

CDSA – I would, and the main reason is wanting to first see the clostridia markers on the OAT. I wouldn’t rely on the CDSA information for the presence of toxic clostridia or not.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.