Urinary Creatinine Levels and metabolic rate

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Urinary Creatinine Levels and metabolic rate

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve been co-treating several patients with a local PhD chemist who keeps on referring to the OAT urinary creatinine level as a marker for metabolic rate. When a treatment regimen is changed, she expects an increase in metabolic rate and refers to the creatinine level as a marker for this. I’ve heard of this as well in a different venue but I’ve never read anything to explain this. What are your thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    Aaron Hartman MD

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
      I have never really looked at this regarding the OAT creatinine levels. I am not exactly sure what this doctor is looking at or what problems they feel they see. Dr. Shaw from Great Plains Laboratory may have some insight into this, but I actually have never heard him speak about this in any of the lectures I have attended over the years. If there is a connection I don’t know what a significant correlation it makes to the overall presentation of clinical improvement of the child. Perhaps there is something we are overlooking?
      Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.