supplement recommendations

Home Forums Autism Mastery Medication Dosing supplement recommendations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rita Mastrangelo
    Participant

Hi.
      I have a client (my first one) and i was wondering if you wouldn’t mind confirming my supplement recommendations.
      child 6/ little speech, scripts a lot, has started banging his head and not sleeping well at night. lives in a newly home but lived at his grandmothers home that had water damage. will be doing an ermi test.
      no mold markers
      candida (arabinose) H 77
      CLOSTRIDIA BACTERIA MARKERS 15/16 NOT marked high but trending high 25 and 151
      Oxalic high 354
      MITO marker 3-methylglutaric .98
      Nutritional Markers 3-hydroxy trending high at 55
      MYCOTOXIN MARKERS- HIGH OCHRA 27.79/ZEARALNONE 18.34/CITRININ 287
      Also def in minerals and high metals but I have no issues with addressing those.

Recommended: for candida either prescription Sporonox/itraconazole or mega mycobalance
      mega spore biotic/or ct spore to help decrease clostridia from overpopulating
      recommended low oxalate
      multi with B6 that will also help with the mineral deficiencies
      binder (GI Detox) and glutathione to bind excess metals and mycotoxins

Questions?
      **when treating the candida how do you reduce the chances of it coming back?
      **should I recommend CoQ10?
      **where do I add the biocidin?
      **is there any binder that goes through the Blood brain barrier?
      **whats the differnece between gi detox and cellcore carboxy
      ** when do you recommend retesting

Thanks so much. I’m learning so much from you.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rita,

1 – I like the idea of the spore biotic for the rising clostrida markers. I am not familiar with the mycobalance, but sounds reasonable considering the candida and mycotoxin exposure.
        2 – the low oxalate approach is a definite must do.
        3 – Yes on the multivitamin and multimineral.
        4 – Yes on the binder and glutathione

Personally, I would first try a combination botanical like Biocidin for the Arabinose before jumping into medications, particularly Sporanox. I would want to get the ERMI Profile back to make sure there is not active mold in the environment.

Answers to questions:

-The reduction in candida recurrence is accomplished by diversifying the microbiome through probiotics and improved diet. But, also we have to eliminate other pathogens and reduce environmental exposures from mycotoxins and chemicals. Candida is very sophisticated and it has a lot of ways it can survive and thrive in the digestive system.
        -Yes on the CoQ10
        -I would start the multvitamins, including CoQ10 ASAP
        -Then I would add the binder next, and then start the Biocidin and probiotics.
        -I would added glutathione last.

Each of these items can be added every 48 to 72 hours.

I have not used the Cell Core product, but the GI Detox has more binders such as activated charcoal, zeolite clay, silica, etc. The GI Detox+ appears to be a more comprehensive binder.

I retest in 90 days after introducing all supplements.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Rita Mastrangelo
        Participant

Thank you.

I am still a little confused with the Biocidin module. Biocidin is a biofilm so I understand its use is to break the biofilm so whatever is hiding behind it can be killed. So how is it going to get rid of the candida?
          Are you suggesting in this case just use the biocidin to help remove the candida? And what dose should I start at?

What does the number or arabinose need to be for the candida to be mild medium or severe? There is a sheet that you have that discussed what botanicals or pharmaceuticals. to use for each.

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Rita,
            Biocidin is a combination botanical that can help breakdown and/or inhibit the biofilm from functioning properly. The botanicals in Biocidin (like other complementary botanical remedies) have various anti-biofilm properties, but also candidicidal effects too. The ability of the candida to form a biofilm is intertwined with its ability to become invasive and pathogenic.

If you are unsure of this child’s reaction to anti-fungal therapy, either via prescription medication or botanicals, than it is best to start at a lower dose, i.e., two drops three times daily.

Don’t specifically look at the Arabinose as the sole indicator of mild, medium or severe problem. Make sure to correlated this information with their clinical presentation. Because the reference ranges on the OAT change with age and sex (greater than and less than 13 years of age, male/female) values can appear differently. However, as an example, if you had an Arabinose with a range to 50, then 51 to 100 would be mild, 101 to 150 would be moderate, and above 150 would be severe.

Remember, the practice of medicine, and this includes biomedical intervention for autism, is an art. You always have to pay attention to your gut instinct regarding dosing, amount of supplements, etc. based on your history of the child and their parent.

Sincerely,
            Dr. Woeller

Rita Mastrangelo
            Participant

Hi. Can you please help me… This is in response to your reply…

How long is the spectrummate good for once it is mixed in juice or water.

Also can you help me with dosages and if these items can be taken all together or with/without food? I thought i saw dosing somewhere but there are so many documents (Im not complaining :-)). The child is 6.

You had mentioned starting with multivitamins, including CoQ10 ASAP.
              1. How much CoQ10. I have the client using Designs for health and I asked her to poke it and squeeze the contents. Can that be taken in combination with anything else.
              2. binder was next. should she start with 1/2 a dose and continue with a full? How many a day? with/without food? taken with the others?
              3. Biocidin. how many drops to start and how much is the max? Again, once twice a day? with without food.
              4. probiotics? in the evening before bed? 1/4 capsule to start? What if the child reacts to it ie, behaviour? What would you recommend?
              5.glutathione? i am using designs for health. Its a pump.

The clients wants to know if all these supplements can be taken together. I don’t think that makes any sense. She struggles just giving him the multi.

Thanks always for your help!!! I don’t want to be the reason for a child to have a negative effect with the supplements. I’m hoping to remember these dosages for future

You did say each of these items can be added every 48-72 hours

DrWoeller
              Keymaster

Rita,
                Spectrum-Mate – ??? I am not sure. This would be a question to asked New Beginnings directly. Since it is a vitamin and mineral product it is not going to spoil like food.

All of these responses are based on my understanding and experience:

1 – CoQ10 can be taken with other things. A dosage range is 100mg to 400mg daily. For a child of 6 I would personally start with 100mg daily.

2 – Binders need to be taken away from food and other supplements. Ideally this should be between 90 to 120 minutes, but if the child is eating frequently then 60 minutes is fine. A full dose is usually fine in my experience. Take at least twice daily.

3 – Biocidin in the way that I use it does not have a specific amount based on age or weight, nor does it have a maximum dosage. The company will say 1 drop per 10lbs. body weight and this is a start. You have to judge the amount based on what you are treating, the sensitivity of the child, etc. Therefore, on average, I will use between 3 to 5 drops three times daily for most kids. If I have a history of high sensitivity to supplements than I have no problem starting at a lower dosage. It minimally needs to be used twice daily, but it is better to use three times daily. A duration of 60 to 90+ days is needed, but again this depends on what you are treating, the response of the individual, etc. However, an average duration of use is 60 days.

4 – In the evening before bed is when I will typically use probiotics. Usually a full dose is fine, but base your decision on sensitivity of the individual. It is okay to start lower. If the child reacts you have to determine what the reaction is from.

5 – I have not used their glutathione, but if it is liposomal I am sure it is effective. They are a good company.

For all of these supplements they can be taken together, expect for the binder. The binder needs to be used separately.

Dr. Woeller

P.S. Keep in mind that no matter how well thought out your program is, there will always be kids that react to things negatively. A negative reaction is not always a toxic reaction. a child getting hyper from a supplement, does not mean the supplement is toxic. Just be aware there is no protocol that is 100% effective or tolerated all the time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.