SNPs and tolerance for certain supplements

Home Forums Autism Mastery Methylation SNPs and tolerance for certain supplements

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

In my energetic testing work, I often find things like glutathione or taurine seem to test well for a client but then they don’t want to try it because they have CBS or some other SNP that they have been told it isn’t good for.

From your perspective, is there a list of supplements that you would avoid outright if someone has specific SNPs?

Do you find most people tolerate glutathione well or not? What about taurine? Others?

Thanks,
    Scott

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Scott,
      I don’t have a list, but take things case by case. Also, I don’t have a type of practice where I am running DNA SNP profiles on everyone. Many parents just cannot afford the test when we are doing other testing or therapies. It tends to become a test done sometime later after the OAT, dietary intervention, etc.

I like SNP testing, and feel it is worthwhile as a guide, but I also have a problem with the absolute restrictions people get themselves into with regards to recommendations for or against certain supplements. People almost identify with their SNP profile like their astrological chart. The reality is the bodies biochemical interactions are vast and to absolutely avoid something like taurine or glutathione 100% because of a one SNP doesn’t make sense to me. Besides, in many cases the sensitivity to these types of supplements is from people who are quite severe with their illness symptoms.

I found most tolerate them well.
      Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.