Odds and ends

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Odds and ends

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dr Woeller:

I have been collecting a bunch of what are probably not very complicating questions. Thought it was easier asking all at once than making ten different entries.

1)After giving methylation support, can the methylation cycle learn to function properly on its own?
    2) Is there an ideal Ca/Mg ratio? Should they be given together or separate? Over the years I hear a lot of conflicting arguments.
    3) You mention not giving lipoceutical glutathione in orange juice. Is that because of taste or because of a reaction with the citrus and sulphur? We had thought you told us years ago TO give it in orange juice, so that is what we do if we give it.
    4) In one of your lectures you mention heat shock proteins, it seemed you were saying that they did something negative, but I thought they were helpful/necessary for the immune system, that they are released when the temperature is raised. Are they both helpful and harmful?
    5) After reviewing your session on oxalates, it made me wonder if it might have a role in fibromalygia. I don’t know much about fibromalygia, so was just curious.
    6) Would phenol sensitivity show up on an MRT in those individual foods? In other words is it an immune response or something different?
    7)If phenol is a concern, can NO Fenol be given with biocidin if someone is reacting to it and suspect phenol sensitivity-got hot ears, red splotches all over the body. Normally the child doesn’t exhibit phenol symptoms, but does get some dark circles.
    8) I know that food sensitivities can decrease when working on diet. Can allergies decrease as well, or would, for example, a peanut allergy always be a peanut allergy? How about environmental allergens like trees, etc?
    9) What are the underlying issues with pica? kids that eat non-edible things and like it. It partially seems like habit (babkin reflex) but when questioned the child thinks it tastes good (ie., furniture foam, vinyl, etc).
    10) You went over many of the common bacteria/parasites. What about these:
    alpha-hemolytic strep; gama-haemolytic strep; strep. agalactiae group B; hemolytic e. coli; bacillus species; klebsiella pneumone. All these were considered non-pathogenic on stool testing…just didn’t know if they were a concern. Just treated with botanicals.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Lisa,
      Here are my responses.

1 – Yes, but there are many competing factors on methylation, i.e. inflammation, infection, stress. Also, if there are mutations in the various enzymes involved in methylation it may never function at full capacity.

2 – Generally, about a 2:1 ratio. Taking together is fine.

3 – Potential effect from acid. It’s only potential, but trying to reduce any variable of diminishment I think another juice is better. If absolutely not possible than it is better to use it than not.

4 – Depends on where they are coming from. Candida have their own heat shock proteins which increases it tendency towards biofilm formation.

5 – There is a potential role in Fibromyalgia. In any patient with this disorder it worthwhile doing an Organic Acids Test.

6 – Not entirely sure if it would show up, but I don’t believe so. It is not an immune system reaction, but instead a chemical intolerance.

7 – Yes, it could be given to help reduce or possibly eliminate the phenol reaction.

8 – The allergies may decrease, i.e. both food or environmental. My concern is always severe reactions where increased IgE exposure actually does the opposite (causes intensified reactions).

9 – Iron deficiency is primary cause. Also, mineral deficiencies in general can lead to it. Some people have reported parasites too, but this is harder to confirm.

10 – These are all considered commensal (potentially opportunistic). They may lead to low level inflammation. Mostly associated with general dysbiosis in the gut and don’t typically need to treat, but could use botanicals if you felt they were leading to problems, i.e. bloating, gas, loose stools.

I hope this helps.
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.