OAT Testing

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing OAT Testing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a 10 year old kid that was diagnosed with Asberger’s one year ago. Mom removed dairy and wheat from his diet and he did a lot better. Also she found they had mold in the house AC units and removed that and now he is back in school. He eats only an organic diet. I did this OAT this past month and was looking for some insight into his neurotransmitter levels which need a lot of work.
    Thanks
    Aaron Hartman MD

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
      Yeah, he is pretty low. I have been using with overall good success a combination product from New Beginnings called Dopa-Plus this is to really increase Dopamine.

They also have NeuroPure This one is more for dopamine and serotonin.

What I have commonly done is just the Dopa-PLus – 2 capsules twice daily, and then add in some 5-HTP separately 100 to 150mg daily.

Dr. Woeller

Would Respen A be an option, since with the MAO A activity it would increase 5HT, Dopa and NE and he’s low is all of these?
      Thanks

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
        Yes. I think that is a good option, but I would still look to do some tyrosine support overall too. But, I like the idea of Respen-A.

Email Elaine DeLack, R.N. at info@respen-a.com and let her know I referred you. She is very nice and helpful.

I really like Respen-a, and not a lot of people know about it. Like everything there are some kids who don’t respond, but overall it has been consistently good.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.