mycotoxin test 2 part question

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing mycotoxin test 2 part question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rita Mastrangelo
    Participant

Hi.

What is your explanation on this? why are some markers showing and some not from my family.

Jordan my 11 year old (autistic) last year had only high oxcratoxin markers. Now it comes back with high ocratoxin 15, gliotoxin 364, little mycophenolic, some enniatin B and over 100 of Citrinin.
      What could have caused all of these. His oat does not detect any yeast or mold candida and never has since i started testing him and it actually looks clean. Don’t know what to look for.
      I did do a GPL TOX on him and I don’t really know how to read it and am wondering if that could be the cause of the additional mycotoxins as well as behaviour that does not seem to go away.
      Most of them are still in the lower limits and those approaching 75% or past
      NAE 107
      NADB 343
      3-HPMA 806.
      If you look at my older son, my husband and myself, our results look all different.
      My husbands Myco shows some ocratoxin and mycophenolic
      Mine has ocratoxin, some mycophenolic, zearalenoneand a high citrinin of 66
      My older son (16) only has ochratoxin 14.6.

How would you explain this? and what would you recommend for treatment.

Rita Mastrangelo
      Participant

Hello,

I think you missed this one from yesterday.
        Thanking you in advance.
        Hi.

What is your explanation on this? why are some markers showing and some not from my family.

Jordan my 11 year old (autistic) last year had only high oxcratoxin markers. Now it comes back with high ocratoxin 15, gliotoxin 364, little mycophenolic, some enniatin B and over 100 of Citrinin.
        What could have caused all of these. His oat does not detect any yeast or mold candida and never has since i started testing him and it actually looks clean. Don’t know what to look for.
        I did do a GPL TOX on him and I don’t really know how to read it and am wondering if that could be the cause of the additional mycotoxins as well as behaviour that does not seem to go away.
        Most of them are still in the lower limits and those approaching 75% or past
        NAE 107
        NADB 343
        3-HPMA 806.
        If you look at my older son, my husband and myself, our results look all different.
        My husbands Myco shows some ocratoxin and mycophenolic
        Mine has ocratoxin, some mycophenolic, zearalenoneand a high citrinin of 66
        My older son (16) only has ochratoxin 14.6.

How would you explain this? and what would you recommend for treatment.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Rita,

1 – are you doing any sort of detoxification therapies with your son?
          2 – the OAT only detects for gut colonization of Aspergillus and Fusarium mold. It does not look at mycotoxins or other molds.
          3 – Most everyone has some chemical exposure. Typically, levels above the 95th percentile are considered to be most significant.

Dr. Woeller

Rita Mastrangelo
          Participant

Ive done the mycotoxin test a few times on my son and more markers show as I have listed above.

1. yes he was on glutathione, tudca and binders.

I don’t understand how he can have more mycotoxins than before. Is there something I am missing? What would you think of or what are the next steps if someone is on the above and mycotoxins increase from the myc0toxin test.

DrWoeller
            Keymaster

Rita,
              Taking into consideration that his environmental exposures have not changed, the only variable then would be the amount of mycotoxins he was exposed to in the past and stored in his body. Autistic kids are notoriously bad detoxifiers…or at least most. Therefore, through active detoxification efforts what you have done is actively mobilized more mycotoxins that were not being excreted previously. l

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.