methylation cycle

Home Forums Autism Mastery Troubleshooting methylation cycle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr Kurt,

If Adenosine is high due to the compromised ADA, and the blood exams/OAT shows lowered B9 and B12, would I assume that the methionine and transsulfuration cycle is compromised?
    In this case, would I see the child as a hypo methylator? And if yes, would it be optimum to provide more methylation co-factors? And work in combination with the co-factors methionine and ADA co-factors?

When the child is over-methylator (correct if I am wrong, I’m still waiting for the OAT results) with symptoms of unhappiness and self-aggression, irritability, ADHD, would I support the methylation cycle?
    Also, the BHMT pathway, the enzyme ADA and transsulfuration cycle? Or focus more on the transsulfuration cycle?

Would a compounding with TMG, Zinc, P5P, Mg and Taurine be a good option for over-methylators who have those symptoms described above?

Or, in case of unhappiness, self-aggression, and inattentiveness, with lowered B9 and B12, would I work more on the methylation cycle?

Adenosyl cobalamin in the compounding could affect the behaviour of a child proking sleeping problems, unhappiness?
    I have an oversensitive child (waiting on OAT), heterozygous for MTHFR C677T, streptococcus infection in the past (not resolved).

I use transdermal creams and even in a lowered dosage of P5P, 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (5MTHF) and adenosylcobalamin, amongst other co-factors, seems to aggravate his behaviour. What could I be doing within his cycle? Would I be overstimulating the entire cycle?

Those are my doubts for Module 10.

Thank you so much.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

I had responded yesterday via email regarding your questions. I have copied and pasted the email and my answers – Dr. Woeller

If Adenosine is high due to the compromised ADA, and the blood exams/OAT shows lowered B9 and B12, would I assume that the methionine and transsulfuration cycle is compromised? Yes

In this case, would I see the child as a hypo methylator? Most likely, yes.

And if yes, would it be optimum to provide more methylation co-factors? Yes.

And work in combination with the co-factors methionine and ADA co-factors? You typically do not need to give Methionine as it will get adequately produced when addressing core methylation problems – either through Methionine Synthase support with Methyl-B12 or Betaine Homocysteine Methyltransferase support with Trimethylglycine (TMG).

When the child is over-methylator (correct if I am wrong, I’m still waiting for the OAT results) with symptoms of unhappiness and self-aggression, irritability, ADHD, would I support the methylation cycle? Maybe, but it is possible the child could be affected by bacteria and yeast toxins too. That is why the OAT information is so important.

Also, the BHMT pathway, the enzyme ADA and transsulfuration cycle? Or focus more on the transsulfuration cycle? I often find that starting with BHMT support via TMG is a good way to go in the beginning. Transsulfuration (TS) is often automatically helped with using multivitamin and multimineral because much of TS is dependent on Vitamin B6.

Would a compounding with TMG, Zinc, P5P, Mg and Taurine be a good option for over-methylators who have those symptoms described above? Not a bad option. I think just TMG and taurine is good enough and you can add magnesium and zinc separately.

Or, in case of unhappiness, self-aggression, and inattentiveness, with lowered B9 and B12, would I work more on the methylation cycle? Yes. But remember you first are going after the first three pillars too.

Adenosyl cobalamin in the compounding could affect the behaviour of a child proking sleeping problems, unhappiness? Possibly.

I have an oversensitive child (waiting on OAT) , heterozygous for MTHFR C677T, streptococcus infection in the past (not resolved). I would wait on OAT before trying any B12 options in this child.

I use transdermal creams and even in a lowered dosage of P5P, 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate (5MTHF) and adenosylcobalamin, amongst other co-factors, seems to aggravate his behaviour. What could I be doing within his cycle? Would I be overstimulating the entire cycle? I am assuming this is the child who has not had an OAT yet? You may need to look at his genetics to get a better idea of where potential problems are. What could be happening is a folate trap situation with the 5MTHF. If the cobalamin and methionine synthase is compromised because of oxidative stress than 5-MTHF can aggravate the situation. At this point, you need more information from other testing, e.g., OAT.

Thank you Dr Kurt. I’m still waiting for both OAT results for both children.
      I’ll return here once I have the information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.