Mercury In Autism

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Mercury In Autism

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dr. Woeller,
    I haven’t heard you mention mercury yet in Autism. Do you plan on discussing it?
    Whey is a good source for BCAA that can support detox as well as form GSH. What are your thoughts.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
      I like Whey personally. As long a child doesn’t have a sensitivity to it it normally is fine. Of course, know that we are on the topic of CBS upregulation it would need to be used sparingly…perhaps.

Mercury – I will be talking about this a bit during lecture #12, but the whole aspect of heavy metals is so in-depth it really needs to be in a level 2 course, or even its own course as there are so many layers to metal toxicity.
      Dr. Woeller

What is the reason for using whey spairingly in the face of a CBS mutation?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

According to Yasko (and perhaps others), the CBS +- or ++ can be associated with upregulation of enzyme producing more ammonia. Therefore, protein powders with sulfur rich amino acids may be an issue leading to more ammonia.
        Dr. Woeller

Last question on this post.
        So if a patient is CBS +/+ do you worry about doing Epson Salt baths with all the sulfur or is that not so much of an issue.
        Thanks
        Aaron

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Aaron,
          I think it is a potential issue, but I cannot say complete avoidance is good either. This is one of the difficulties with SNP testing in that the SNP indicates problem with the enzyme, but doesn’t provide information as to what is actually happening biochemically in a person’s body. Certainly, a ++ is going to have more potential issues than a –, but to what degree is difficult to say. I don’t think we can say with absolute certainty that one particularly supplement should be avoided entirely, but instead used selectively and cautiously in certain circumstances on a case by case basis. In this situation with a CBS ++ Epsom salt should be used selectively and conservatively to see how a patient may respond.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Thanks
          Aaron Hartman

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.