Lysine for Candida?

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments Lysine for Candida?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Parker
    Participant

Hi Dr. Woeller. I think I am missing something about using lysine for a patient with invasive candida. If lysine is a component of pentosidine (which I am thinking we want to reduce), why would we want to supplement lysine? Also what dosage of CoQ10 and carnitine do you recommend? Thanks!

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rebecca,
        I don’t think it’s necessary to supplement Lysine for candida. Lysine is an essential amino acid and has been shown to aide in anxiety (along with having many other necessary biochemical effects in the body), but I never used it as a specific anti-candida remedy. Also, the mechanism of action of arabinose and lysine forming pentosidine is something that occurs naturally. The goal is reduce candida and arabinose. It’s not known how much reduction of Lysine would need to occur to prevent against Pentosidine formation.

L-Carnitine – 250mg to 500mg daily as a general dose, but dosing by weight is 50mg/Kg
        CoQ10 – 100mg to 200mg daily as a general dose, but dosing by weight is 10mg/kg

I hope this helps.
        Dr. Woeller

Rebecca Parker
        Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.