Immune Deficiency IgA, IgM, IgG

Home Forums Autism Mastery Immune Therapies Immune Deficiency IgA, IgM, IgG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Hi Dr. Woeller,
      17 year old male, low blood levels of IgA, IgM, IgG. M/c seizures, lack of focus, ADD behaviors. OAT identified many healing opportunities including elevated yeast, oxalates, need for mitochondrial and glutathione supports. He is extremely sensitive to every supplement (even probiotics and glutathione). He currently can only tolerate the Basic Nutrients Plus and No Fenol Trienza D.E. Cal/Mg for oxalates was not tolerated. His diet is very limited. Recently we have results that show his total cholesterol level at 143 (low). The family is working on an amino acid profile and 23andme. opportunities including elevated yeast, oxalates, need for mitochondrial and glutathione supports. He is extremely sensitive to every supplement (even probiotics and glutathione). He currently can only tolerate the Basic Nutrients Plus and No Fenol Trienza D.E. Cal/Mg for oxalates was not tolerated. His diet is very limited in what he’s willing to eat but does eat gluten free. Recently we have results that show his total cholesterol level at 143 (low). I have referred them to Sonic Cholesterol per the protocols. The family is working on an amino acid profile to help identify specific amino acid deficiencies and 23andme.

My question is regarding the total immune deficiency levels. These levels have low for 5 years and I suspect are contributing to the symptoms.

What is your experience with Immune deficiency and how to address nutritionally?

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        It’s not easy to raise immunoglobulins. If he is really nutrient and protein deficient than a lack of protein globulin production may be at play, but usually its not that simple. The place to start is in the gut and nutrition, i.e. improving fat digestion and protein digestion and using amino acids is a good idea (as tolerated). Is there any way to get him on high density calorie smoothies or something similar, i.e. protein powder, coconut oil?

Researched Nutritionals use to have a product that was targeted for immunoglobulins. I don’t see it on their website and forget the name of it right now. Contact them and see if they carry anything. They are a great company with some very unique products – https://www.researchednutritionals.com/

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

I have a client I suspect has low immune function, but haven’t tested for it specifically yet. Want to know if and when it’s recommended. He tested high in candida on stool and OAT. Giving a lot of supplements including varied probiotics.

He is definitely high candida. The problem is that giving him any antifungals initiates a perpetual die-off reaction even with antifungal parade. When antifungal herbs were stopped, behavior improved but he started having white discharge from urethra a couple weeks later. Parents are wary of diflucan, but I can push it if you think he needs it. Just not sure if his immune system is either compromised or tolerant to candida and drugs would either need to be long term or still not quite enough. Recently he started coming down with something and now is head banging (which he had never done before up until now).

Very low ferritin. Initiating iron therapy.

His sister has chronic molluscum and doctor talked to them in the past about immune therapy.

Is this a case for trying GPL immune globulin profile test? Diflucan? Should we just wait and see what happens with iron therapy? I thought of reishi for immune support. Am giving other supplements.

I’ve posted about this boy before but can’t find the post (clicking on my name here doesn’t go to my profile page to see posts).

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Nicholas,
          About 1 in 700 people have a primary IgA deficiency. This may impact Secretory IgA in the digestive system, but its also possible to have SIgA deficiency without a primary IgA deficiency. He may also have an IgG issue too. I would suggest performing the Immune Deficiency Panel from Great Plains Laboratory as it is comprehensive.

A die-off reaction to Diflucan would likely be intense too. Unfortunately, sometimes there is no way around die-off and you have to use small dosages and work-up over time based on tolerance.

I would do some further work-up on him with regards to immune function. Yes, I think the immune test is important. However, I think trying him on some Diflucan too is worthwhile. You might want to start with half of a 100mg Diflucan tablet daily for 3 to 5 days then increase from there just to avoid too much die-off.

Researched Nutritionals – http://www.researchednutritionals.com has some good immune support remedies. Check out their Multi-Immune via their ‘Immune’ link. They have mushroom and mushroom free versions.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.