High Glycolic and Oxalic

Home Forums Autism Mastery Oxalates High Glycolic and Oxalic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kerstin Calley
    Participant

Test results for 16 year old Autistic male.

October 2020

Glyceric Hight 9.2
      Glycolic High 156
      Oxalic High 152

August 2021

Glyceric Normal 3.4
      Glycolic High 102
      Oxalic High 119

He has been on a low oxalate diet since October 2020 and has been taking Pure Encapsulations Calcium/Magnesium Citrate (240mg of each) with breakfast and dinner + another 900mg of Magnesium Citrate with breakfast.

The levels are clearly lower than in October 2020 and the Glyceric has normalised. I am wondering what the next step should be? Succinic is also high 8.9. No obvious Candida or Clostridia (Arabinose at 20). Low normal Ascorbic acid at 21.

I am reluctant to spend money on genetic testing unless the results would actually provide further treatment options.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Kerstin,

I would suggest continuing with the low oxalate diet as you are clearly seeing a decrease trend for all values. I would add in Vitamin B6 at 25mg daily, as well as 150mg of Benfotiamine (active B1). Retest OAT again in 90 days.

Low ascorbic acid on the OAT is common because it is an unstable acid in urine. You cannot use the OAT to determine low ascorbic acid status.

Succinic is commonly linked to chemical and/or heavy metal exposure, but I have seen it be associated with mycotoxins too. I do not think genetic testing is necessary just for the oxalate markers.

What is happening clinically with this individual? Are you seeing positive changes with supplements and low oxalate program?

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.