Help with regression after Covid

Home Forums Autism Mastery Troubleshooting Help with regression after Covid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi, Dr. Woeller could you Help me with a 5-year-old boy with autism who had yeast and mold on an OAT who I was treating with Biocidin and a binder for about a month and making good progress with language and less OCD. Then the whole family got covid and they used up the Biocidin as the adults started using it. They have been off of everything for two weeks.
      The child has now regressed and is angry and now doing lots of hand flapping and old OCD behaviors, and fascination with ceiling fans has returned he has also broken out in a rash all over his body ( maybe covid related) I’m thinking he has a lot of brain inflammation from covid plus a return of the yeast.
      He is currently on a B – complex supplement (with methylation support) vit B6 and magnesium and Calm and Cool. Vit D and Zinc
      Do you have any suggestions to get the brain inflammation down would you do The Carlson’s Cod liver oil or SPM from (DFH) or a curcumin product? Any other recommendations. Thank you Alison

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Alison,
        This is a kid that could likely benefit from prescription antifungal therapy like Fluconazole. However, I would suggest getting him back on the Biocidin, and add in some soil-based probiotic like CoreBiotic from Researched Nutritionals or ProFlora 4R from BioBotanical Research. My suspicion is from how he is reacting is there may be an underlying clostridia problem.

Curcumin is good and the SPM products looks fine.

Take a look at the information in Module #12 with regards to high dose Ibuprofen. If you are not comfortable doing higher dose Ibuprofen, even just over the counter Ibuprofen at the dose recommended on the bottle for age and weight could be beneficial.

Dr. Woeller

Alison Byrd
        Participant

Thanks, Is there a preferred curcumin product you like for a 5-year-old would the cytoQuel be something to look at as he just had covid?

I will also see if the parents are on board with an ibuprofen trial. The first OAT showed no raised Clostridia markers but we are planning on repeating this soon. Thanks Alison

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Alison,
            CytoQuel is a good product. New Beginnings has a another Curcumin I believe, but I tend to lean towards the CytoQuel now.

Researched Nutritionals has a post-Covid protocol too.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.