Help with Pandas Flare

Home Forums Autism Mastery Troubleshooting Help with Pandas Flare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi Dr Woeller, I have recently started working with an 11-year-old girl (75 lbs) with a history of PANDAS. She has this week suddenly started to have what we think is a PANDAS flare. OCD, anxiety, urinary frequency. I started her on Ibuprofen 3x a day for the past 4 days and it has helped. I also added in Biocidin starting at a small dose 2 drops bid ( as she has a history of being very sensitive to everything)and a binder, the parents reported back to me that she seems worse on starting the Biocidin? do you have any suggestive alternative to reduce the brain inflammation in place of ibuprofen as she can’t stay on that for long? and any alternative to Biocidin?
      DES Bio has a Homeopathic tincture Strep Plus/ PANDAS have you ever used it?
      Also If I start treating the Strep will it mess with the ASO titer? Thanks, Alison

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Alison,
        PANDAS is definitely associated with inflammation mostly in the basal ganglia area which Ibuprofen can help with.

The worsening on Biocidin could be die-off or just an intolerance to the ingredients in the product. It is hard to know since there are so many ingredients in the product.

What I would do for the antimicrobial component is give individual botanicals:

-Berberine
        -Uva Ursi
        -Grapefruit Seed Extact
        -Allicin
        -Etc. – chose about 4 to 5 remedies to try. New Beginnings has a good list of liquid botanicals as individual products. Pick one and try for 48 hours. Then add a second, third, etc. as tolerated.

Ibuprofen is great for inflammation, but I agree can be a problem long-term. Check out NeuroProtek from Alognot – https://algonot.com/product/neuroprotek/. Great product. May need to still use Ibuprofen for another week or so and transition over to NeuroProtek.

I hope this helps.
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.