Help with OAT

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Help with OAT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi, I would love your help with the following lab and if you agree with my treatment plan. Background a 12-year-old boy with uncontrolled anger and lots of headaches, belly aches, dark circles around eyes and skin issues eczema and lots of warts on feet.
      Had Plagiocephaly as infant and speech delay until 3 years old.
      Results of Oat from Vibrant America
      Sebacic acid high 0.85 ( 0.23-0.23)
      Pyridoxic acid High but Xanthurenic acid High as well
      2-Hydroxyhipppuric acid High 2.72 (>1.43) – so High Salicylates
      High Phenylpyruvic acid 5.37 (0.23-2.20) BH4 Problem?
      High 4-Hydroxyphenyllactic acid 1.54 (0.84-0.85)
      Plan – On foundational – start GF DF and Failsafe diet
      L-carnitine 250mg bid
      No – fenol 1-2 with high Phenol foods
      Molybdenum 50 mcg daily
      Vit b6 + Mg 30mg daily –
      Do these first then add BH4 2.5mg bd ? Is this long term as expensive? Let me know what you think Thanks Alison

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Allison,
        Interesting, that this kid has both Phenylpyruvic and 4-hydroxyphenyllactic high. There appears to be an issue in both phenyalanine and potentially tyrosine metabolism. I like the idea of the BH4 at 2.5mg BID and your other recommendations too. I would make sure to have him on a multivitamin/multimineral too like Spectrum-Mate from New Beginnings.

I would do a MycoTOX Profile on this guy as well. Ochratoxin is a known Phenylalanine hydroxylase inhibitor.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Alison Byrd
        Participant

Thanks. would you repeat the oat in 3 mths after the changes above and do the Mycotox then or as soon as they can afford to do so? DO kids with raised Phenylpyruvic generally, have to stay on the BH4 for life or if mold is a problem and addressed they can come off of it?
          Thank you for your help, I’ll keep you posted on their progress

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Alison,
            If its from mold, then treating this will take care of the problem. Do the MycoTOX when they can and repeat the OAT in 90 days. Needing BH4 the rest of their life is highly doubtful. We are not dealing with a Phenylketonuria disease state.
            Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.