Help with OAT in child with epilepsy

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Help with OAT in child with epilepsy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi Dr. Woeller, I have the OAT ( from Vibrant) back from the 14-year-old boy with intractable epilepsy (seizures started after vaccine injury) ( on Vimpat, Magnesium, quercetin, and medicinal cannabis.
      The following were abnormal results.
      Citric Acid 1868.23 H ( <498.81)
      Pantothenic acid 37.21 H ( < 9.91)
      Quinolinic acid /5-HIAA Ratio 0.12 L ( 0.32-1.10)
      3-indoleacetic acid (IAA) 38.95 H ( <12.68)

What should I treat first? should I do a serum Ferritin level to see if low Iron is blocking the Citric Acid in the Krebs cycle? should I do anything else with this raised marker? should I wait until I treat the clostridia to see if this helps?
      Should I start treating the clostridia overgrowth? is Biocidin generally well-tolerated in these fragile kids? do you start with a low dose to see if tolerated?

Should I start Spectrum mate in this child? would you do a full dose?

I was going to start a low dose of Vit B6, 30mg to see if helps. B6 lowish end of normal on labs. I would love your advice on this case. Thank you, Alison
      P.S. trying to get the FRAT test done but we need a medical doctor to get the results sent to. Do you have any advice on this as well? Thanks again Alison

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Alison,

I would start addressing the clostridia marker first. I think Biocidin is fine, but start low at first as tolerated. I would also add in a sporebiotic like Proflora 4 R from BioBotanical or CoreBiotic from Researched Nutrititionals.

I would not have an issue with doing the Spectrum-Mate starting at 1/2 dose for the first week, then going full dose.

In these types of situations you can outline your approach with the 4 or 5 things you want to add, but then introduce a new supplement every 48 to 72 hours.

I like the idea of looking at his blood work, including iron, but I do not think that needs to take priority over starting the anti-clostridia remedies and Spectrum-Mate.

Will his pediatrician allow for accepting the FRAT?

Dr. Woeller

Alison Byrd
        Participant

Thanks, unfortunately, he is between peds after being fired for not vaccinating.

He has some mood and anxiety problems (the HVA was not raised ) Do you think Taurine say 250mg and L-theanine 100mg bid would be good choices? Or should I wait to see if the clostridia treatment and B6 helps?

should I be concerned about giving him GABA as it could convert back to Glutamate and worsen things? Thank You again Alison

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Alison,
            So, he is vaccine-injured, but the pediatrician fired him from their practice because they won’t do anymore vaccines!?

One thing to keep in mind about individuals with seizure disorders is they are always sensitive neurologically to most everything. The GABA can be helpful, as well as the Taurine and L-Theanine. In fact, the entire combination can be synergistic in seizure problems.

Personally, I would not have an issue in doing any of these remedies, but again would layer them in one at a time. So a game plan could be the following:

1) Clostridia botanicals
            2) B6
            3) L-Theanine
            4) Taurine
            5) GABA

Dr. Woeller

Alison Byrd
            Participant

Thank you, Yes, Fired after the vaccine injury! But with a different Ped as they moved to get medical cannabis. They are in Colorado springs Co if you have any recommendations?
              Thank you again I’ll keep you posted on his progress.

DrWoeller
              Keymaster

Alison,
                Unbelievable! But, then again, nothing in this field surprises me anymore.

I do not know of anyone in Colorado Springs.

Sincerely,
                Dr. Woeller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.