Help with OAT

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Help with OAT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi, I would really appreciate your help with the following OAT from Vibrant America. This is for a 15year old boy with Autism, he is Gluten-free but not quite CF, we have been working on detox for some while and they have an Ioncleanse footbath. He is on Methylation support ( methyl b12 and methyl folate) and a multivitamin-mineral he has fluctuating moods fatigue and anxiety. There were a number of amino acid markers out of range.
      The following markers were high:-
      Succinic acid 17.25 ( 9.40-9.41)
      Methylsuccinic 4.56 (0.13-2.14)
      2-Oxoisovaleric 2.22 (2.00-2.01)
      2-Oxoisocaproic acid 1.28 ( 0.41-0.42)
      4- Hydroxyphenyllactic acid 3.14 (0.84-0.85)

None of the yeast or clostridia markers were abnormal.
      Plan
      add L-carnitine 500mg bid
      CoQ10 100mg Bid
      Riboflavin 100mg /d
      P5P/Mg 30mg /d – as lowish Vit B6
      What else should I consider and add to help the Amino acid markers? Thank you in advance Alison ( P.S. I’m enjoying the course and learning a lot from you).

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Alison,
        From what I can see the Vibrant OAT is an exact copy of the GPL OAT.

It is odd to see high markers in the Amino Acid Metabolites section. These are most likely occurring from certain nutritional imbalances, but enzyme interference from toxins could be playing a role too. Because of the high Succinic I would check for heavy metals and chemical exposure. I start my investigation through the GPL-TOX Profile and Hair Metals Test from Great Plains Laboratory. While waiting for these results I would suggest adding in some Benfotiamine at 150mg daily. This is active Thiamin (B1). Your other supplements look fine too.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.