GI MAP TESTING

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing GI MAP TESTING

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rita Mastrangelo
    Participant

HELLO DR. WOELLER, I HAVE A FEW VARIOUS QUESTIONS AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

1. I WAS TAUGHT IN FDN WHEN YOU FIND PARASITES OR DYSBIOSIS FROM THE GI MAP YOU SHOULD TREAT YEAST BECAUSE THEY ARE PRESENT IN AN OPPORTUNISTIC ENVIRONMENT.
      WITH THAT SAID, WHEN INTERPRETING THE OAT AND YEAST/CANDIDA IS PRESENT WOULD ONE NOT HAVE TO TREAT THE GUT AS WELL OR TRY TO ERADICATE THE PARASITE FIRST AND THAT COULD ELIMINATE THE YEAST? I WOULD LOVE YOUR OPINION ON THIS?

2. YOU MENTION SOMEWHERE FOR PRACTITIONERS WHO NEED HELP WITH LAB INTERPRETATION. WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ON THAT? I MAY NEED YOUR HELP.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rita,

1 – It is true that yeast, including candida, are opportunistic organisms. They will take advantage of an unhealthy environment. If a parasite or other pathogenic bacteria exists along with the yeast, both can be treated at the same time. This is especially true if using botanicals which have a lot of cross-over between the organisms. If an antibiotic is needed for parasites and bacteria, then the yeast can be dealt with separately. The point about yeast is because its opportunistic and is influenced by its environment, but can also influence its environment to make it more invasive, the complete eradication of it is not likely going to happen. How we eventually overcome an invasive candida problem is restoring normal function to the digestive system.

2 – We have a membership practitioner website called Functional Medicine Clinical Rounds – https://functionalmedicineclinicalrounds.com where health professionals can schedule one-on-one consults with us. There is a scheduling system within the website, along with other educational information.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.