Exams

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr Woeller,

Just wanted to check in regarding the exams. When will the first one be available and which models will it entail?

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Michael,
      It should be available now. I will check with Brian at tech support. It pulls information from mostly the first 4 modules.

Dr. Woeller

Hi, Dr.Woeller,

First of all I would like to thank you for this fantastic Course and very interesting lectures!
      I’m a little bit late with the modules, unfortunately, and only finishing to study the 3rd module now.
      My question is about the 1st exam. Are there any strict dates when I have to pass this exam? And do I have only one attempt or several?

Looking forward to your reply.
      Thank you!

Best regards,
      Irina

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Irina,
        Thank you.

No, there are not any strict dates. Take your time. Also, you can take the tests multiple times as needed to get a passing grade.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

P.S. No worries about being a little behind. Just take your time and let us know if you need more time.

Dear Dr. Woeller,

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
        irina

Hi Dr Woeller,

I am starting up with the exams, and I have found that I am really, really weak with the “behavior” aspect of autism and ASD. I can’t seem to find the answers to certain questions and it has me a little troubled.

I feel really strong with the biochemistry and orthomolecular side of things, mostly because I have been working with those for years, so it is relatively easy for me. But the specific behavioral aspect of Autism seems to be very confusing for me. I have seen “diagnoses” of many people/kids who don’t fit the DSM criteria, but they are still called “autistic”, and the apparent subjectivity of this is really confusing me.

Most of my professional experience with Autism has been in adults, so I am having a hard time picking up on what is specific autistic behavior in children vs adults. For instance, the very first question on Exam 1. I have seen all of those be considered “autistic” behaviors in the past, and probably erroneously. Also, the questions regarding age-appropriate humor, self-injurious behavior, and similar have me stumped. I just don’t have a frame of reference so it isn’t sticking in. I can’t seem to find the answers in the lectures either.

Can you help?

Well…looks like I figured out exam #1! But I still feel like I need to get stronger in that area.

My last question about Exams 1 and 2 is this question: I goes back to my above comments regarding my lack of experience and frame-of-reference in this area:

Typical observed ‘Die-­‐Off’ symptoms (as reported by parents) in special needs children include all of the following, except: a. Hyperactivity b. Increased self-­stimulatory behavior c. Headaches d. Moodiness and irritability

I understand the question, but I can’t find in any of the notes or lectures which one is “not reported” by parents. From what I can find, they all seem to be symptoms of die off. I personally have experienced all of these when using an anti-microbial protocol.

Can you help me with this one as well?

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Michael,
          Yes. I can absolutely help you.

Much of that information comes from earlier modules in the course, such as Module 3 “Obtaining a Thorough Clinical History…”, Module 4 “Chronic Candida… and Module 6 “Adverse Effects of Clostridia…”

For example, most (not all) children with autism have behavioral problems (e.g. aggression, tantrums, self-injury), social engagement issues (lack of eye contact, inability to socialize, lack of understanding of social normal – which can manifest as ‘not understanding humor’) and stereotypical behavior (e.g. stimming, hand-flapping). The comment about humor relates to socialization. If a child has the ability to understand certain things that appear humorous, e.g. funny event, facial expressions, then their ability to socialize is at a higher level. The two things that cause most concern for parents are #1 (lack of language) and #2 (lack of social engagement).

The question on “Die-Off” would be C – headaches. The main reason is their lack of language/speech. Therefore, they cannot tell their parents that their head hurts. Instead, they have behaviors like stimming, irritability, etc. They might be in fact experiencing headaches, but a parent doesn’t know for sure because their child cannot tell them.

We have a Q&A session coming up in a few weeks and we can get into this a lot more. If needed, I would be happy to get on the phone with you too and go over some things.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

Hi Dr Woeller, thanks for the reply. Yes, getting on a call would be really helpful. I have completed exams 1 and 2, but I haven’t submitted them yet. I want to make sure I understand what I got wrong when the grading comes back.

I am working on exam 3 now, and it is a bit of a challenge.

I also “should have known” the bit about headaches. I totally overlooked that headaches usually are hard to recognize without someone telling you they are experiencing them.

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Michael,
            Remember, you have plenty of time to take the exams and retake them too. I tried to make some questions easy and a few challenging to keep things balanced.

Let me get through the next few weeks and then we can set-up a time to talk. We are in the midst of completing this course and then starting our new Toxicity Mastery Course, along with launching an online summit too.

Sincerely,
            Dr. Woeller

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.