Epsom Salts for Food Reaction

Home Forums Autism Mastery Supplements Epsom Salts for Food Reaction

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dr. Woeller,
    What is the mechanism of action for Epsom Salt baths helping with food reactions from the handout in lecture 11? Is it just its detox use, if so how does that work? I’ve never read how it works in regards to this and I’m curious your thoughts on it. Would something like a clay bath (Bentonite) be helpful?
    Thanks
    Dr. Hartman

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
      It doesn’t help immediately, meaning it doesn’t neutralize the food reaction from the digestive system. Therefore, it is something to try if the ingestion was hours later. What it seems to do, from clinical experience with many patients over the years, is help with the processing of gluten and/or casein peptide reactions. This is most obvious in kids who have known strong reactions and regressions from these peptides. How it works exactly…? Sulfur is involved in liver function, and sulfur containing amino acids are linked to the methylation cycle, including glutathione production. It may be there is an improvement in these systems that diminish the adverse effects.

Bentonite clay would likely work the same way as activated charcoal. It would need to be used fairly soon after ingestion of these foods. I think it is a viable option.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.