chronic candida and detox

Home Forums Autism Mastery Digestive Problems chronic candida and detox

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr. Woeller,
    I have a new 4 year old patient diagnosed at 2 with autism, with a history of chronic candida treated for 2 months ending 6 months ago. Mother started him on alpha lipoic acid based on Andrew Cutler’s protocol 3 weeks ago.
    I am going to retest for candida before I start the anti-fungal parade.
    In the meantime, the hair test is showing high aluminum with presence of lead and mercury.
    1. What is the best way of tackling the aluminum in your opinion? I am not certain if ALA/DMSA will effectively address it.
    2. While I wait for the new arabinose and stool tests to be sent, is there a concern that the DMSA and ala may worsen the candida?
    What path would you recommend at this time?
    Thanks so much.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Shiva,

1 – the DMSA/ALA may get some of the Aluminum. EDTA is more specific. Unfortunately, a lot of EDTA products taken orally are not well absorbed. New Beginnings Nutritionals – http://www.nbnus.com carries a BioChelate EDTA liquid. I would recommend this.

2 – If you are doing the AC protocol the levels of ALA and DMSA are so low there shouldn’t be an issue. It is always possible that yeast could be aggravated, but much less than in years past when both of these supplements were given in much higher amounts.

I hope this helps.
      Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Thank you very much Dr. Woeller.
      As for biofilm disruptors, in a child who cannot take capsules such as Interfase, have you tried Candex? The Label suggest one half capsule twice daily for children. On adult forums I see adults starting with 1/16th capsule and increasing slowly.
      I am also thinking of using the Biochelate or IMD Intestinal Cleanse from Quicksilver Scientific, to help with both detox and absorption of the heavy metals from the biofilm once disrupted. I would appreciate your thoughts on these. Thanks.
      Best,
      Shiva

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Shiva,
        Candex is an option, but it doesn’t work as good as Interfase. I really haven’t had to use Candex as an alternative. The Candex could be mixed in liquid, just like the Interfase. For people who are really, really sensitive to candida than starting with lower amounts, i.e. 1/4 capsule may be necessary.

The BioChelate is option I use for heavy metals. It is well tolerated and could help in the Biofilm process too. I have not used IMD, but have heard good things about the Quicksilver products.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.