candida treatment

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments candida treatment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alison Byrd
    Participant

Hi Dr Woeller, Thank you for your lecture on yeast treatments, I have some questions.

1. I’m currently treating two autistic twins with yeast overgrowth (found on OAT, also mold toxins and found to be living in a moldy home, now remediated) with Biocidin liquid. They are 5 years old and around 40lbs the dose suggested by Botanical Research is 1 drop per ten 10lbs so 2 drops BID, what dose do you go up to? should I just follow the moderate dose range suggested in your handout?
      2. Do I retest while still taking the Biocidin or do I stop or put them on maintenance say 1 drop per day while I retest?
      3. Do you build up the dose gradually or just start at the killing dose?
      4. If still showing raised arabinose how long should I continue for?
      Thank you, Alison

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Alison,

1 – that is what I would do is to follow the moderate dosing range. The dosing suggestion by BioBotanical Research is general in its application. However, what I have noticed in clinical practice is that standard dosing is/may not be enough in specific situations. In my experience, there is not just one specific dose for age or weight, but instead needs to be tailored to the individual overtime. When you have yeast overgrowth complicated by mold exposure the 2 drops BID may not be effective. I will use a range of 2 to 5 drops three times daily in most situations. I always start low, i.e., 2 drops two to three times daily, at first to see how a child will respond. If they are not experiencing die-off and overall tolerating the Biocidin okay, I do not hesitate to increase the dose. I have never found Biocidin to be toxic or cause issues other than die-off (which is not a permanent thing anyway). Personally, I think there is a tendency to under-dose these botanical remedies. Therefore, the comfort level in using Biocidin or other botanicals is developed overtime and working through various cases.

2 – I always retest the OAT or Microbrial OAT while on the remedies. I do not adjust the dosages because I want to see if the therapy is working.

3 – Build up gradually. This is the best option when you are first starting out. Overtime you will gain more confidence and experience based on various cases where you get a sense of which type of child you can start at higher dosages. However, if you are unclear on their past history of taking supplements, including botanicals, etc., then I would be conservative in the beginning.

4 – I work off the time frame of 90 day increments. Therefore, my initiating program for yeast treatment is going to be 90 days, but if the levels are still elevated, then another 90 days is implemented.

I hope this is helpful.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.