Candida clarification

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Candida clarification

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rita Mastrangelo
    Participant

Im confused about Candida (arabinose), yeast and mold.
      if someone tests with high arabinose but no aspergillus markers, is the candida from yeast or mold?
      what is the connection between mycotoxins and candida?
      I thought mycotoxin was a toxin produced by mold? But if the client has no mold (aspergillus) then how is the mycotoxins produced.
      If someone has candida and mycotoxins can you still treat to remove the mycotoxins before the candida?
      This probably doesn’t make sense either because Im just so confused.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rita,
        Candida is a type of yeast. It is not a mold. However, molds (e.g., Aspergillus), yeasts (e.g., candida) are all fungi. The Arabinose is from invasive candida, not mold.

Some literature in the past has stated gliotoxin or gliotoxin-like mycotoxin can come from Candida. But, this is controversial and debatable. Therefore, considered mycotoxins to be related to mold exposure. It could be argued that oxalic acid is a mycotoxin for Candida, but Aspergillus can produce oxalic acid too.

The OAT only identifies certain molds (Aspergillus and Fusarium) that have colonized the digestive system. There are other molds in the environment that a person could be exposed too that are not represented on the OAT. Also, a person can retain mycotoxins in the body for months and years from previous exposure. The mold can be gone, but the mycotoxins remain. Also, mycotoxins are produced by mold and can become airborne. My recommendation is not to use the OAT as the sole indicator of mycotoxin exposure. You need to view the myco-TOX profile as its own separate test. I have cases where all the fungal markers are normal, but the mycotoxins are elevated likely from previous exposures.

You can help to lower mycotoxins, but not likely to eliminate them completely if a person is being constantly exposed to molds producing mycotoxins. It is like trying to detoxify someone of tobacco toxins who continues to smoke. You can lower amounts, but not get rid of them entirely.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.