Biofilm Questions

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments Biofilm Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peter Rothermel
    Participant

Hi Dr. Woeller,

I have a few questions regarding biofilm.

Can mycotoxins develop biofilm as a means to survive? If so, could this be a factor in it taking an extended period of time for someone’s levels to come down after continued use of the same protocol?

You stated that you don’t start out implementing a biofilm program but based on your experience how often is this required and how do you determine when to use it? Do biofilms generally develop on their own or do they form in order to resist treatment from antifungals/antibacterials?

With regards to Interfase Plus in my research on EDTA I read that it can bind to essential minerals as well as metals and I know you mentioned this in module 5 so do you take any steps to avoid this such as additional supplementation or spacing any supplements containing minerals away from Interfase Plus?

In your experience how long do you generally keep someone on this protocol? I realize that every case is unique but are there any potential issues with extended use of Interfase Plus?

Thank You!
      Peter

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Peter,
        My apologies for delayed response. The system was not notifying me of posts.

I do not know of any research showing mycotoxins producing biofilms. They are not living entities, but instead a product of mold. Mold on the other hand from what I have seen may produce biofilm.

In my regular adult patients I will be more assertive with dosing programs. For autistic kids, I recommend being more simplistic…at least in the beginning. If after a few months you are not seeing improvements with your antimicrobial program than it is time to have a discussion with the parent about introducing a biofilm buster. But, gauge this recommendation based on the complexity of the child and your instinct whether you feel the parent has the ability to add these supplements for their child.

Biofilms are a natural phenomena of microbes so they likely get produced for many reason – defense, ability to survive, organism communication, etc.

I would dose the Interfase Plus away from food and other supplements by at least 30 to 45 minutes. Over the course of time and with consistent dosing of other supplements, e.g., minerals, it is not likely to have much effect.

A minimum of 90 days is a good time frame to shoot for, but expect in some kids for it to go longer…even up to 6 to 9 months.

I hope this helps.
        Dr. Woeller

Peter Rothermel
        Participant

Hi Dr, Woeller,

No worries! Thank you so much!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.