Autoimmune Encephalitis

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Autoimmune Encephalitis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    A parent reached out asking if I can help their child who ha autoimmune encephalitis and was diagnosed with autism. child is 10.
    how should i approach this?

sorry he is an 8 year old boy. He was seen by a functional medicine but it hasn’t helped.
    His oat test shows high markers of:
    3 oxoglutaric (1.0)
    Furan 2,5 dicarboxylic (21)
    arabinose (112)
    hippuric (826)
    high oxylates
    also high glyphosate.

the protocol that was this:
    antimicrobial biocidin

support supplements
    minerals
    binder
    tudcA
    Sporebiotic

they live in new york so testing is tough.
    Without looking at the prior protocol, how would you address this. The child seems to be worse and the mom stopped ABA. I told her without a clear mind she won’t see much changes in therapy

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Rita,
      These are difficult situations because it is not known (or at least from what I can see) is the cause of the autoimmune encephalitis. Here are a few things you need:

-What is the clinical history
      -What is know to have triggered the problem or at least suspected?
      -What tests (labs, scans) have been done to diagnosis the condition?

In general, anti-inflammatory interventions can help like NeuroProtek and Ibuprofen, but these are just band-aides when the actual cause is not known.

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) can be helpful overall.

Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) is one inexpensive intervention (needs to be obtained from a compounding pharmacy) that can be helpful directly for autoimmunity in general – https://lowdosenaltrexone.org.

Dr. Woeller

BTW – the Furan 2,5 dicarboxylic is linked to Aspergillus mold exposure. I would minimally perform a GPL-MycoTOX Profile.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.