Applicability to ADHD

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Applicability to ADHD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Dr Woeller
    May seem like basic question but is the information in this course, specifically the 4 pillars of treatment, applicable to ADHD/ADD. Seems that it would be – have you had any experience with children with diagnoses other than autism? Do you see results more rapidly?

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Rebecca,
      The 4 pillars could be applied to any health condition, particularly the first 3, but with advancing knowledge know with methylation issues the 4th pillar (methylation) seems to be playing a role in a lot of different health conditions.

The pillars would certainly be applicable to ADD/ADHD. The less severe the condition the more rapid results are seen.

I do admit though that pure attention deficit is often difficult to break through with just supplements and diet. Its not impossible, but for many kids the issue of severe attention problems are hard to treat.

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Most of our practice is using Dr. Woeller’s pillars working with ADHD population. We have found the pillars including genetics along with neurofeedback/biofeedback works well in patients that have been diagnosed with ADHD.

Thanks for the info. You imply that certain clinical symptoms are easier to treat biomedically than others – do you find that the hyperactivity, anxiety and impulsivity are easier to treat than the attention issues? Do any specific ADHD symptoms tend to correlate with food sensitivity, yeast or clostridia…similar to the clinical pearls you have been giving us with yeast (goofiness, heightened sensory seeking etc) and GI inflammation (regressive autism)? As a busy clinician this type of “clinical symptom profiling” is very helpful as it directs testing.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Rebecca,
        It depends on the severity of each and other co-existing issues. Anxiety can be difficult to treat as well if its severe. Impulsiveness usually tracks along with anxiety, and in some kids their hyperactivity is linked to anxiety as well.

I have seen miraculous changes with things like B12 for attention problems.

However, in general terms attention and hyperactivity are more difficult to treat than anxiety and impulsiveness.

Hyperactivity can be linked to chemical sensitivity to phenols, i.e. coloring and food flavorings. The same testing applies to the ADHD child that it does for the autism child. In fact, this course could be called ADHD Mastery. The approaches are the same overall from a biological standpoint, as well as the 4 pillars. Don’t let the label given to the child dictate which labs to do. I recommend focusing on the core labs: OAT, Food IgG, Urinary Peptide, Hair Analysis, etc.

I hope this helps.
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.