activated charcoal, dopamine hydroxylase, adrenal glandular support,

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous activated charcoal, dopamine hydroxylase, adrenal glandular support,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Dr. Woeller,

I have several questions.
      Can you please advise the low VMA level when dopamine is in range? Can a low VMA also result from a blocked conversion from dopa to norepinephrine (as a opposed to elevated levels of VMA)? I understand that there are co-factors such as SAMe, Mn, Phosphorus, B5, folate needed. Is this potentially a co-factor concern?

I believe I understood you correctly about the die off period, that it is fairly immediate, if experienced at all. Is there a concern for chronic use of activated charcoal because it can deplete the body of minerals? Is there a recommended time frame for dosing activated charcoal?

Also do you markers at the higher end of the range but not out of range?

Are you concerned with elevated LDL Cholesterol in children ? 14 y.o. male tested 132 (reference range 0-109)

14 year old male, history of seizures, is on an adrenal glandular support (recommended by another practitioner). Your thoughts on this vs adaptogens especially in a youth?

How to know if a digestive enzyme with DPPIV is necessary? Gluten/Gliaden or Wheat shows positive in behavior or on an IgG Test? And/or if we suspect candida/clostridia is present?

Respectfully,
      Lynn

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        Yes, the low VMA is likely coming from blocked conversion. Vitamin C and copper are needed to activate the Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase. Also, there could be a Catechol-o-Methyltransferase (COMT) polymorphism contributing as well.

Die-off – it is fairly quick, usually about 24 to 48 hours. If nothing is happening by 3 days in then I typically do not see die-off. I try not to use the activated charcoal for more than a week. It is not something that is ongoing.

I am not sure I understand your question about “…higher numbers in range…”

Cholesterol – I am focusing on the Total Cholesterol from an autism standpoint. There certainly are risk factors for high cholesterol, especially when inflammation is present. I am not specifically addressing this, but I would say its rare to see low total cholesterol when LDL is high.

Glandulars – the difficulty with these is not knowing what exactly is in them. However, I have not seen problems and have had a few kids do well on them for adrenal support.

DPPIV – definitely use when Urinary Peptide test is showing high casein and/or gluten peptides. Also, if strongly suspect deterioration in skills and behaviors when exposed to these foods. IgG positive testing by itself does not automatically trigger the use of DPP-IV, although it won’t hurt to try.

I hope this helps.
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.