Yeast and Claustridia issues

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments Yeast and Claustridia issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

You mention how to deal with yeast and then separately claustridia but how do you address both? Do you continue a 3 month yeast protocol w/ Biocidin (which would address the claustridia as well) or go to pulse therapy? Do you differ to the more address protocol? Are there concerns for long term Biocidin use?

I treated a patient with Diflucan and Vancomycin for 10 days then went to Nystatin and Biocidin and am waiting for OAT results to return but I’m trying to process the next 1-2 months (either pulse therapy or continual biocidin + nystatin) for a patient with both Claustridia and Candida.

Thanks
    Aaron Hartman MD

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,
      I haven’t seen any issues with long-term Biocidin use. I have used it upwards of 3 to 4 months in some kids.

If both clostridia and yeast are present I will always go after the clostridia as the primary infection, but also support against the yeast too knowing it will usually take a longer period of time to eradicate yeast. Every once in a while the yeast responds quickly too, but not normally.

I prefer anymore to do the pulse dosing approach against clostridia – If possible. I have just seen it work better overall. I think Nystatin is one of the better options for long-term anti-candida effects, but recognize that it is often necessary to use various things, i.e. Diflucan, Biocidin, and other things.

The Biocidin will address yeast too at that same time as the clostridia, but the effects are not always a 100% consistent. This is why retesting is important and correlating it to the clinical response of the child.

For the patient you are referring to the repeat OAT should be telling. Minimally, I would continue to support them with some type of antifungal, i.e. Nystatin, Biocidin until the lab is back. If the clostridia is improved, but the yeast is still there then pressing forward with a more assertive anti-yeast program may be necessary, i.e. biofilm.

If the clostridia is still present I would look to do the cyclical program that I outlined.

BTW – the cyclical program I developed was something I came up with in attempts to improve the outcome – much of it based on some research on pulse dosing for clostridia treatment. So far it has worked quite well. There have been a few cases where it hasn’t or I need to go longer.

I hope this helps,
      Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.