wont eat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dr. Woeller:
    I just met a mom and 2 1/2 year old boy (autism), she saw huge regression after MMR. His biggest issue at this second is that he only will eat two foods, ramen and something else that is pure gluten (forgot what it was). She was given antibiotics during her entire pregnancy because of E.coli that mysteriously disappeared once he was born and he was put on antibiotics when born for swallowing stuff at birth. So we see that there are huge gut issues, and she will be in SD for a couple of weeks at Christmas so will arrange for some basic testing, but meanwhile worried about how to get him to tolerate anything. She is feeding him some probiotic (not sure which one) via syringe that he doesn’t always keep down.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Lisa Ann,
      Contact Dawn Winkelmann, Speech Therapy and Feeding Pathologist. She is in Newport Beach, CA. and does work with people at a distance. This is a serious feeding issue with this child. I have seen a times Methyl-B12 injections help, but not consistently enough not to have someone like Dawn intervene. Here web address is http://www.SpectrumSpeech.com. What they cannot afford is to have the child become even more restrictive.

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

P.S. syringe liquid can be an issue if the child has a swallowing issue or strong gag reflex.

Is she in Newport beach or Colorado? Her website says Littleton, CO. Do you know if she is like you and goes between both places? I am glad that there is someone we can consult with. Thanks.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lisa Ann,
        Looks like she moved. I wasn’t aware of that. I don’t know if she travels back and forth to S. Ca.

Sincerely,
        Dr Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.