Various questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Hello Dr. Woeller,
      I have several questions:
      1. 11 year male: supported for arabinose, possible clostridia (negative on the OAT), with IgG diet intervention GF/CF as well. Hair analysis revealed elevated thallium and very high copper. I’ve been working with the family on identifying the sources and supporting his zinc levels. Child’s methylation pathways are supported based on the 4 pillars and some genetic information (GSTP1) with glutathione. He also receives O.T. Child is having difficulties with focus, specifically math and music (does read) and continues to drool. He is currently egg free. My concerns are regarding acetylcholine. The child has been seizure free since the onset of support. I understand acetyl L carnitine may be beneficial as well (to support the acetylcholine pathways). He did not show low levels in the ketone, fatty acid oxidation section of the OAT. Here are my specific questions:
      What would you recommend as an intervention to improve focus? Have you heard from parents about seizure activity increasing on acetylcholine or L-carnitine?

2. 7 years old child with galloping behaviors, repetitive. I understand behaviors can vary from one child to the next, but what are your thoughts regarding this behavior? This child has been worked with on the 4 pillars and this is the only area that the parents have not seen improvement.

Much appreciated,
      Lynn

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        child #1 – I would recommend Methylcobalamin injections (if possible) for focus. If cannot, then at least Methyl-B12 nasal spray. Let me know if you need assistance in dosing this (there is information in the Methyl-B12 ebook as part of the Autism Mastery course).

Acetylcholine and L-Carnitine – I have not experienced with my patients increase in seizures with either one.

Child #2 – Is this OCD like behavior? I am thinking with the repetitive aspect of it, it is? Is so, Inositol Powder can be helpful. There are programs having dosages up to 18 grams a day for OCD. Don’t think that much is necessary, but 1500mg to 3500mg (plus) may be the thing to try.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
        Participant

Thank you Dr. Woeller.

Child #1 is currently taking intranasally b12 2000mcg. I will read up on intranasal dosaging.

Child #2 seems to only have this the single repetitive behavior. I will recommend the inositol.

Much appreciated,
          Lynn

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Lynn,
            There is this product from New Beginnings too – http://www.nbnus.net/shopexd.asp?id=500. The Pycnogenol and Phosphatidylserine come to mind specifically. Also, if tolerated higher dosages of Vitamin B6 may be helpful. Typically, 4mg/lbs daily + Magnesium 2mg/lbs daily.

Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
            Participant

Hello Dr.Woeller,
              This is a follow up to the 7 year old male with galloping behaviors. Many ADD/ADHD focus/attention issues have been reduced using the four pillars. I just received the HMT which I’ve attached. This child has been taking the brainchild nutritionals at the time of testing. I have a few questions to make sure I’m assessing this properly:
              1. Toxic metals are aluminum and mercury. Is aluminum the priority because I can address it with malic acid and magnesium? Essential elements magnesium is low. What malic acid would you recommend? GPL recommended this intervention.
              2. I do not offer chelation, DMSA or other I would need to refer out for mercury. Or can mercury be resolved through improved methylation? detoxification? Could improved levels of selenium assist in glutathione and elimination of mercury?
              3. Low lithium. I will refer to notes on lithium orotate low dosing.
              How would you address all of these results?

Much appreciated,
              Lynn

DrWoeller
              Keymaster

Lynn,
                1 – Yes. I think Aluminum is a priority. In addition to the Malic Acid that New Beginning carries, I also use the BioChelate too. Also, use the Magnesium Chelate from New Beginnings as well.
                2 – Selenium may improve things a bit, but I would personally still add in Liposomal Glutathione too.
                3 – Another option is Liquid Lithium which is nice because you can dose it in drops versus having to use a capsule of Lithium Orotate. I often use 5 drops daily for 30 days, then 5 drops every other day for additional 60 days – then repeat the Hair Analysis.

I would suggest repeating the Hair Analysis in 3 months. This will give you an opportunity to evaluate the metals again too.

BTW – there is a website where people can order low dose DMSA and DMPS from without prescription – http://www.livingsupplements.com.

Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
                Participant

Thank you Dr. Woeller.

Are you familiar with or do you have insight into CytoDetox (fragmented Zeolite) for binding and eliminating toxic metals? I listened to a detox summit and have read a few of the studies and application with sensitive children on the spectrum.

DrWoeller
                  Keymaster

Lynn,
                    I don’t have a lot of experience. I have had some people over the years use Zeolite, but not many. I know its expensive or use to be. I haven’t seen any downside too it other than cost. Nothing dramatic as far as results, but again my numbers are low.

Dr. Woeller

P.S. BTW – on the immune deficient individual they may need an immunologist on board for possible IVIG therapy is the immunoglobulins don’t elevate overtime.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.