Supplement and OAT

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Supplement and OAT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr Kurt,

Researched Nutritionals has a product called H2 absorb. It looks pretty good and I have been trying it this weekend. My question is that Fumarate, Tartaric acid, and Malic acid are main ingredients in the product.

Do you think that regular consumption of this product could skew OAT results and produce false positives for Fumaric, Malic, and Tartaric acids?

https://www.researchednutritionals.com/product/h2-absorb/

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Michael,
      Sorry about the delayed response. System not notifying me of postings.

Yes. I do think it could skew the OAT results. I am not sure how long to be off the product with regards to retesting the OAT, but 5 to 7 days should be long enough.

Dr. Woeller

Ok, got it. I have been taking the product myself and it seems to have some noticeable benefit.

Mostly, I think it is due to the magnesium content. But for $60/pack it is a little expensive for 80mg of magnesium…

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Michael,
        Yes. I would agree. I have not personally done a lot with the supplement from Researched Nutritionals (RN). Although, I think RN is a really good supplement company.

Dr. Woeller

They are pretty good.

I tried their liposomal Glutathione, but I found the one from Wellness Pharmacy, and WHOA, do my patients love that one or what. Highly recommended.

I tried the LiveOn Liposomal products and I hate them. Great potency, great idea, good company, but it tastes like something that should be used in a car transmission. They say to put it into juice, but I try so hard to cut down on sugary beverages with my patients that I can’t justify using juice to chase it. The Allergy Research Group Lipo C is amazing. I use it daily.

One thing that seems to pop up for me a lot is dysphagia. It seems to catch me by surprise and when I least expect it, so the Liposomal products intrigue me.

Do you often encounter autism patients with dysphagia? I worked with a large community of special needs ten years ago, and the swallowing was a big issue. They used to “thicken” the patients’ water with corn starch, and every single one of these folks were dehydrated and I was at my wits end to try and correct it.

RN caught my attention because they have flavored Lipo products, and the rep convinced me to try the H2 product, so that’s how I found out about it.

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Michael,
          I haven’t tried the LiveOn version of Lipo GSH. The RN version Tri-Fortify seems to go down okay, but some of the kids won’t do it because of the gel like substance.

I cannot say dysphagia a big problem that I personally see, but I know it exists. Usually these kids also have a lot of feeding problems too so I refer them to a feeding pathologists. Fortunately, this isn’t a common occurrence.

Sincerely,
          Dr. Woeller

The RN version is pretty good. It is strange how both the LiveOn and the RN are on opposite ends of the spectrum: the LiveOn version tastes horrid while I think the RN version is too “sweet”. But if I had to choose, the RN version, hands down. For the kids who don’t like the texture, what would you suggest instead of a Gel?

I am surprised at how often Dysphagia is an issue in my practice. It seems to pop up a lot. What I can say is that when I was working with this Mental Health organization and their patients, the vast majority of the patients were well over the age of 30. We had some very old Autism patients over the age of 40. It is like I had a glimpse into the future of what life could be like for the young autism patients we have today.

I think this course is the right place for me to be, because I feel like moving forward I can make a real difference…

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Michael,
            I haven’t tasted all the different versions out there, but usually I go with the LipoCeutical GSH from New Beginnings Nutritionals. It can be mixed in water or juice and if needed a few drops of Stevia added for sweetness and taste – https://www.nbnus.net/products/224-lipoceutical-glutathione-4fl-oz/

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.