Oxalates and cranberry juice

Home Forums Autism Mastery Oxalates Oxalates and cranberry juice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dr. Woeller,
    I have read that if a child has kidney stones that cranberries or cranberry juice is not a good idea, even though it is low in oxalates. Have you experienced cranberry juice adding to problems?
    Casey is having pain when she urinates now so can I assume oxalate dumping? or just oxalate issues? She has a lot of oxalates in diet as she is allergic to most everything else. I am trying to reduce as much as I can but she has to eat something besides meat. I took vitamin C to low dose and took mag. glycinate away 4 days ago. I am doing mag./calcium on mid oxalate meals.
    She has not ever had kidney stone issues that I know of. Do you think a glass of cranberry juice each day would hurt anything? In past I have given a glass every 4 days on her rotation diet.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dolly,
      How about something like Cherry juice or lemon juice? Check out this webpage on low oxalate foods and juices. Scroll down to see the low juice list – http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/nutrition/Pages/low-oxalate-diet.aspx.
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.