OATS test: things to avoid

Home Forums Autism Mastery Clinical History – Intake OATS test: things to avoid

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Aloha Dr. Woeller,

Does 100mg of echinecia affect the OAT test? One tablet of Wellness Formula from source Natural was given in the mornings to the client the last couple of days.

Also from Hawaii, does the test need to be sent out on Wednesday as there is usu an extra day of travel to make it to the lab?

Mahalo,
    Christina

aloha Dr. Woeller,

Realize the response time is not always daily so in order to get urine out from Hawaii, had to FED-EX it today.

I collected the urine but will ask for it to be tossed and to notify me if we need to collect it again next week without the echinecia affecting the results.

thanks,
    Christina

Jessica at Great Plains said any echinecia would affect the readings so i did not mail out this week.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Christina,
      Okay.

Dr. Woeller

Dear Dr Woeller,

Should I stop to give supplements to my son before the OAT test? If yes, for how long before this test should I stop to give him the supplements?

Thank you!
      Best regards,
      Irina

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Irina,
        In my personal practice, I do not have people stop their supplements prior to doing the OAT. My preference is to see where OAT markers are while on their current supplements.

Dr. Woeller

Dear Dr Woeller,

Thank you very much!
        Best regards,
        Irina

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.