OAT test 3yo

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing OAT test 3yo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Dr. Woeller- want to make sure we’re not missing anything!
    Here’s an OAT from a 3 yo female. Regressive autism dx after 12 mo shots. Multiple food and environmental allergies. We have already checked vit D and cholesterol- both were low and both are being supplemented. She’s off gluten/dairy/sugar. We were going to treat yeast with either nystatin +/- biocidin. She eats a lot of berry fruit drinks/snacks so will decrease that for the oxalates. Was thinking about the cal/mag chewables with meals too. Not sure whether to do NAC or just go right to glutathione. Already minimizing toxins in home. No obvious mold in home- but perhaps we should pursue that more? She drinks very little water and parents hold her down to squirt meds/supplements/water in her mouth. This test was done a couple weeks after antibiotics/steroids for OM (maybe the yeast markers wouldn’t be quite so high otherwise). We also gave mom a few Methyl B12 shots to try- don’t have a report back about that yet. She also has new onset seizures. Thanks!!

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Jessica,
      Major mold and yeast problem. I would suggest doing the Mycotoxin profile from Great Plains. At this point, I agree with the Nystatin/Biocidin approach.

The high lactic and pyruvic might be coming from high Oxalate. A low oxalate program is worthwhile and definitely use some Cal/Mag Citrate with meals. A high potency probiotics such as VSL#3 is worthwhile too. I would use just one capsule nightly.

L-carnitine is worthwhile too. 500mg daily to start should be good.

NAC is not a bad idea. It’s in the normal range, but higher than most kids and the glutathione is low with the high pyroglutamic.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.