Nutrition talk

Home Forums Autism Mastery Diet Nutrition talk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’m planning a webinar for a school with many ASD/severe ADHD/mood disorder kids. The director is not open to biomedical intervention (I hope to change that:) I was going to focus on nutrition and the dietary interventions most likely to help (without testing). Does anyone have any slides or resources for a presentation like this? I want to spend a lot of time on foods to include (not eliminate) and then simple elimination diets (gf/cf, low sugar, no artificial anything). Any thoughts? I want to really get the parents/teachers interested to make change without pissing off the director. Thanks!!

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Jessica,
      What you need to do is emphasize the science behind food allergies and sensitivities with regards to ASD and ADHD. Don’t talk about diet being a cure, but how food problems are a known co-morbid problem of ASD/ADHD. You will have to do some research, but just start pulling up research abstracts on things like – gluten and autism, food allergies and ADHD. There is a ton of stuff to be found that would back up your position. Research the Centers for Disease Control website, as well as the National Institute of Health. There is some research out of Europe:

Medical Comorbidities in
      Autism Spectrum Disorders
      A Primer for Health Care
      Professionals and Policy Makers
      Second Edition: July 2014

These are all standard and conventional agencies. What this will do is make the statement that diet does matter and if it matters to the CDC, NIH, than it should matter to the parents. This will leave the school director with nothing to counter because you are presenting overwhelming conventional scientific research.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.