Magnesium Calcium Citrate

Home Forums Autism Mastery Diet Magnesium Calcium Citrate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Champagne
    Participant

Two questions:

1. If you are giving a patient with high oxalates as much as 600 mg/meal, should the patient expect to have loose stools all day?

2. I have a pt that did the H2 breath test through Lab Plus and she was confirmed to have SIBO and was given the recommendation of either a FODMAP diet or the diet recommended by Cedars-Sinai Diet, which is quite different from the SCD diet in that it allows white bread. Of course, in the end it is what the patient tolerates, but I am a bit confused by this recommendation as the first go to diet. Any input?

Thanks,

Liz

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Liz,
        I am assuming you mean 600mg of calcium with each meal? Does it also contain magnesium? If so, the magnesium can cause loose stools.

FODMAPS is going to be more up-to-date and comprehensive for SIBO. The white bread, although not the greatest from a nutrition standpoint, is often recommended for people with a lot of sensitivities since it is low allergenic.

Dr. Woeller

Elizabeth Champagne
        Participant

Thanks, Dr. Woeller!

So, if loose stools are going to be a problem for the patient, would smaller amounts of Ca/Mg citrate with meals be beneficial too?

Liz

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Liz,
            Yes. Either smaller amounts or you could separate out the calcium citrate and magnesium and give separately. It likely is the magnesium causing the loose stools.
            Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.