Low levels of pyroglutamic acid on OAT

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing Low levels of pyroglutamic acid on OAT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Dr. Woeller,

I have an 11 year old boy m/c is seizures. What is your experience with a low level of pyroglutamic acid? OAT also reveals elevated arabinose, low dopamine and noradrenaline/adrenaline and nutrient deficiencies as well.

Much appreciated,
      LYnn

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        A low pyroglutamic doesn’t have clinical significance from my understanding. It’s when the pyroglutamic is high that it indicates a glutathione deficiency.

The high arabinose is a problem related to invasive candida. The low HVA can occur from a polypmorphism in Catechol-0-methyltransferase (COMT). Also, low VMA can occur from COMT polymorphism as well.

Dopamine Beta-Hydroxylase (DBH) is the enzyme that converts Dopamine to Norepinephrine. It requires Vitamin C and Copper as a cofactor for activation. However, a polymorphism in DBH commonly causes high dopamine and high HVA.

What kinds of biomedical interventions have been tried?

Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
        Participant

Dr. Woeller,

This is a new client and will be making dietary and supplement recommendations. Interesting information about the low HVA and low VMA from COMT. I see ALOT of this type of result with children that I work with. I’ve now tested over a dozen children that began with healthy development, then later in development (around age 3 or 4) develop retractable seizures. (30% of children don’t respond to medications). All of these OATs have revealed minimally elevated levels of arabinose (added infections in a few cases) AND low HVA and VMA. I appreciate the reinforcement on the co-factors which I implement in phase I of recommendations and I look forward to learning more about the COMT polymorphism.

Lynn

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Lynn,
            Great Plains is incorporating polymorphism lectures to their OAT seminars that I do. Starting next month in San Jose they are adding a day two seminar on chemical toxicity and SNP’s from their SNP1000 profile. I am excited to see who this information expand our knowledge with regards to how the OAT is used in clinical practice.

Sincerely,
            Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.