Importance of Yeast Free Diet during Candida Protocol

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments Importance of Yeast Free Diet during Candida Protocol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr Woeller,
    In your experience is it important for kids to undertake a strict no sugar, no yeast diet while they are being treated for candida? Or, if parents make a reasonable attempt to lower sugars (and adhere to gluten/dairy free diet) can you still see a good reduction in the OAT candida markers and patient symptoms?
    Thank you,
    Margaret Webb

Elizabeth Champagne
    Participant

Great question, Margaret.

As an add on, I would like to know Dr. Woeller’s feedback on how realistic is it to expect compliance with an Anti-Candida diet if the child is not being treated with antifungals? Often, my parents present a child that is craving so many carbs and sugars and we get the confirmation of Candida back, but is it realistic to expect them to have a cooperative child with just diet alone?

I usually tell the parents that they may have to gradually work towards reduction of sugar as the botanical/anti-fungal treatment interventions are actively in place. Am I being to lenient on this expectation?

Liz

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

For Margaret – as strict as possible and reasonable. The difficultly is it can be age dependent and really what is in the parents control. For younger children, it is much easier to control diet as long as the the family dynamics are stable, i.e. both parents on board with approach, support from other family members. Also, it is a single child or are there other siblings. When other non-affected siblings are around the dietary restrictions are more challenging. When a child gets older, i.e. middle school school and high school than total control is lost as there is often too many other outside influences. Therefore, the best advice is “reasonable attempt” with the understanding that improvement in diet and staying away from too much sugar will help, but the antifungals will help too.

For Elizabeth – I think antifungals are important. I agree, that improving health is not likely if people themselves, or parents for their kids, don’t improve diet. With special needs kids, they most often need both diet and antifungal treatment. I don’t believe you are being too lenient at all. The difficulty for all of us as practitioners is we have no control over what people feed their kids. This is why I want parents actively engaged in the process of education so that they understand what needs to be done. For some people dietary intervention is easier than others and the fact is that there are some kids that are extremely resistant to dietary changes.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.