How to prioritize dietary recommendations

Home Forums Autism Mastery Diet How to prioritize dietary recommendations

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Hi Dr. Woeller,
      I appreciate that the IgG reveals inflammatory foods and the OAT can identify oxalates, yeast/bacterial markers and that they can play a role in diet. All of these are healing opportunities. But how do you prioritize what foods to avoid, and yet offer enough foods for the child to enjoy? For example, I have a client that shows IgG to gluten, dairy and eggs and also yeast and oxalates. The family was overwhelmed by the limited foods they could eat when we discussed eliminating all foods based on gluten, dairy, eggs and oxalates. Do you prioritize? Or encourage the family to adopt all modifications (assuming in stages).

Much appreciated,
      Lynn

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        In this situation I would prioritize to the dairy and gluten first, probably the eggs too. Unless the child is really having oxalate issues that are obvious, i.e. irritability, urinary discomfort (holding their groin), agitation I would focus on the yeast, provide low oxalate support supplements such as Calcium/Magnesium citrate with meals and high dose probiotics such as VSL#3 or ProBio Premium both from New Beginnings. Then recheck the OAT in about 2 months. A lot of the time oxalates are coming from yeast and one or two foods, i.e. almonds, soy products.

I hope this helps.
        Dr.Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.