gluten/casein peptides and IgG Food Allergy DBS

Home Forums Autism Mastery Diet gluten/casein peptides and IgG Food Allergy DBS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr, Woeller,
    I just received the results for my child and he has glutein and casein peptides negative and IgG non sinificant for gliadin (and wheat, wheat gluten and yeast bakers non significant too). IgG for dairy is low. He has been off dairy for the past two to three weeks.
    He Has been very restrictive in terms of diet (only eats fish, potatoes, bread and iogurt/icecream) for several years now. I was going to take him off gluten next but with these test results should I consider that? is a trial worthwhile even with these results and his restrctive diet? I am waiting for his OAT results and the starter supplements and will be taking it from there.
    The cousrse is excellent and Iam learning so much.
    Thank you,
    Joana

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Joana,
      If you son is currently eating gluten products and the IgG is normal and the peptide for gluten is normal than avoiding gluten isn’t really necessary. There is always a chance that some benefit may come of trying a gluten removal trial (for a few months), but likely you wouldn’t see much.

I am glad you are liking the course.

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Dr. Woeller,
      thank you for your reply. I got his OAT test back yesterday and apart from low aconitic (7.8), a high quinolinic/5HIAA (15), low ascorbic (0.5) and low phosphoric (940) everything else seems ok. There is no arabinose, HPHPA or 4creosol.
      I was thinking that once the basic supplements (starter pack) are in place, maybe I could try the methylB12 injections, or do you think that I should try addressing the high quinolinic/5HIAA first? (if so what would your suggestion be?)
      He is MTHFR3 +- (1/3); MTHFR A1298C ++ (1/3); MTRR A66G ++ (1/6); MTRR11 +- (1/6); AHCY1 (+-) 3/3; AHCY2 +- (3/3); AHCY19 +- (3/3); CBS C699T +- (2/2);
      CBS A360A +- (2/2); NOS D298E ++; MAOA ++ and VDRtaq +- (1/2) which I know from a comprehensive methylation panel done back in 2009 (Dr. Yasko) when he did some biomedical treatment with a DAN doctor in spain (2009-2011).
      Clinically he has been progressing really well over the past years, especially this last year. He is now verbal but language is the area that is always a bit behind the other areas (eye contact, interaction attention span and flexibility). There are no concerns regarding aggresive behaviour and overall he is very happy child. Our big difficulty is his very rigid and restrictive diet which has been like that over the years (even when he did biomedical).
      Thanks again for your help,
      Joana

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Joana,
        The high quinolinic/5-HIAA is very common and addressing this with some 5-HTP is worthwhile. Also, I would look at either doing some Vitamin D testing or at least implement Vitamin D3 at 1000IU/25lbs body weight daily.

I think the implementation of Methyl-B12 is worthwhile. Even though there is nothing listed for MTHFR 677, the MTRR shows some issues.

The MA0-A is confusing. I read conflicting information. Some indicate the ++ causes an upregulation and others a down regulation. An upregulation would lead to reduced serotonin.

The A1298C ++ – it could be worthwhile trying some BH4 supplementation – 5mg to 10mg daily.

Sincerely,
        Dr. Woeller

Hi Dr. Woeller

In your experience, how long it will take to the IgG food allergy test come down after the gut is healed?

Thanks

Werner Keske

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Werner,
          About 4 to 6 months.
          Dr. Woeller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.