die off?

Home Forums Autism Mastery Digestive Problems die off?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just got off the phone with the mother of a patient stating that the first week her son started taking the biocidin, multivitamin, clo, ca/mg everything was great. The past two weeks he has been sleeping up to four hours more every morning, waking up having wet the bed, having multiple bowel movements per hour, very anxious, slight fever, varying colors of fecal matter both in the toilet and underpants. Is this die off one week after starting treatment? I have attached his OATs results.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Todd,
      The sleeping longer isn’t much of a concern.

It is likely die-off and may be too much supplements all at once. I would suggest pulling out the CLO and multivitamin. I would add in Activated Charcoaol – one capsule during the middle of the day, and one at bedtime.

BTW – what was the clinical picture of this child prior to starting therapy?

as well as the history of his digestive system.

Dr. Woeller

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Also, one other possibility is a phenol reaction to the Biocidin itself. Is there a known sensitivity to phenols and salicylates before.

Dr. Woeller

Nothing outstanding upon evaluation. Some bloating following meals. Decreased muscle tone as well as underweight for age, but not severe. Behavior included quick for emotions (anxiety and frustration). Favorite foods being gluten and dairy. Initially presented for neurofeedback for ADHD diagnosis from ped. No report of previous issues with phenols/salicylates from mom.
        I recommended the Alka Seltzer gold as well as reducing the Biocidin to one drop tid when I spoke with her yesterday. Mom is following up with me on Tuesday, so I will see what has happened over the weekend and if things have continued, reduce the CLO and vitamin. Thank you!
        Is it common for the addition of vitamin, CLO, ca/mg and biocidin to be too much at first? Should I space these apart for patients by a few weeks? We have a lot of patients who are not on any supplements at all when they come in. Thank you for the help!

DrWoeller
        Keymaster

Todd,
          I see these types of reactions at time with CLO or other essential fatty acids – particularly those with flavorings (i.e. phenols). Also, sometimes the addition of L-carnitine is needed to help in the metabolism of fish oil, even though the fatty acid section on the OAT was normal. It just seems to play out this way at times.

Honestly, some of these situations are difficult to figure out until you start peeling back the supplements, and then restarting things one at a time. I would recommend spacing things out a little more. It is okay to take things a little slower.

Dr. Woeller

BTW – I think the Alka Seltzer gold was a good call.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.