Costridia & Candida Marker Variation

Home Forums Autism Mastery Pathogen Treatments Costridia & Candida Marker Variation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr. Woeller,

The case study you presented recently on a child w/ normal values of candida and clostrida that became elevated after non-treatment by the parents really interests me. Under what circumstances would candida or clostridia be normal on an OATs only to become elevated on a follow-up OATs when your protocol wasn’t followed? Was there a protocol prior to the OATs test? I know you addressed this subject briefly during the class, but hoped you could elaborate some more on the subject. Thank you.

Saul Del Angel

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Saul,
      Apologies for the late reply. Email system wasn’t notifying me of posts.

This case you are referring too was a new patient to me. The initial OAT was high normal for clostridia, but the child had negative behavior to Culturelle every time he took it. The mom also felt like he had Lyme (not diagnosed by me) so she would periodically use various botanicals. I still suspected clostridia, and some of it was there with a high normal value, so I think what was happening was a shift was occurring in this child’s digestive system to eventually manifest with high levels. Unfortunately, we don’t have the luxury of performing OAT tests on kids every week to watch these numbers go up and down.

Does this help?

Dr. Woeller

Hi Dr. Woeller,

Yes. That makes sense now. This brings me to another question. Would reaction to Culterelle be indicative of SIBO or would be something else? Thank you again.

Saul Del Angel

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Saul,
        With SIBO its possible to react to Culturelle, just like other probiotics. Typically though I see adverse reactions because of clostridia bacteria.
        Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.