Carbs

Home Forums Autism Mastery Diet Carbs

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Am I correct to think ‘high’ or ‘inebriated’ behavior from too many carbs is due to candida? Arabinose was moderately elevated, so have treated with grapefruit seed extract for 3 months without change. Switched to nystatin tabs TID for 3 weeks – still no change in response to more than 30-50 carbs in a meal. This kiddo can overdose on a can of beans! Is there another process I should be considering that could be causing this?

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Jeff,
      Yes, most likely, but phenol reactions can often cause similar behavior too.

Do you know what kinds of artificial colorings and flavorings he is exposed too?

Where any of the bacteria markers high?

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Diet is very clean (probably close to no artificial coloring/flavoring) and the carb reaction is consistent with any kind of carb overload – even a single food – fresh – organic – vegetable.
      Perhaps could try No-phenol enzyme prior to high-carb food, but might need to run a stool study with sensitivities to see if Diflucan is really necessary or even if there is still a yeast problem.
      I have not seen any information on autism specifically related to carbohydrates, so thought I’d put a feeler out.

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Jeff,
        Was there any bacteria markers high on this kid on the OAT?

Makes me wonder if this child might have some small bowel bacteria overgrowth?

Is there loose stool? constipation? probiotic intolerance, e.g. worsening of carb-like symptoms?

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.