Candida and Oxalates-Die Off

Home Forums Autism Mastery Troubleshooting Candida and Oxalates-Die Off

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth Champagne
    Participant

Dr. Woeller,

I have a 4 year old that on his OAT test presented with high Arabinose and Oxalate markers.

We have had him on 4 drops of Biocidin daily for nearly 90 days. In the last two weeks, he has started to present with these symptoms:

1. Muscle weakness in a leg that he seems to drag a bit when he walks.
      2. Crying and pulling on his private parts.
      3. A desire to breastfeed again. His mother nurses a younger sister

The mom says he is acting more “Autistic” again.

Prior to this, he was doing fine. Showing great results in the treatment plan.

I did speak with Karen at Biocidin and she mentioned that he may be going through a second die off phase. We did make the decision to take him off of Biocidin for a week and start back again slowly as we did at the beginning of the treatment plan.

He is also taking probiotics, MVI, EFA, and calcium/magnesium supplements, but no medications. Mom does well with managing his diet and is aware of Oxalate foods as well.

Mom is planning to redo OAT test.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Liz

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Liz,
        It’s likely an exacerbation of candida. However, the crying and pulling on his private parts is indicative of oxalate dumping. The muscle weakness may be a sign of this too, although I have not heard this type of reaction before.

Redoing the OAT is a good idea. Also, getting him back on Biocidin is worthwhile too.

I have seen dumping of oxalates trigger candida flares as well. Consider adding in some Biotin at 1000mg twice daily, as well as doing some Epsom Salt baths – at least 3 to 4 times weekly.

What probiotic is he taking?

Dr. Woeller

Elizabeth Champagne
        Participant

I have him on Ther-Biotic Complete by Klair Labs.

She is doing frequent Epsom Salt baths, adding it also to his swimming pool water that he enjoys daily.

Karen suggested we stop the Biocidin for 1 week to see if the die off symptoms settle down. She did refer to a possibility that his Tartaric marker may now be elevated, suggested a second layer of yeast overgrowth that could be coming up now.

Also, I read that sometimes with Oxalate dumping the symptoms subside if they eat foods high in Oxalates for a short time. What are your thoughts on that idea?

Liz

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Liz,
            Eating some oxalate foods, if this is coming from oxalates, would likely stop or diminish this behavior.

Personally, I don’t like stopping antifungals outright with die-off as it just delays the process of elimination/eradication that much longer. What I typically do is cut the dose back of antifungals by 1/2 and add in some activated charcoal – one capsule twice daily (middle of the day and bedtime) to see if this helps. Die-off in my experience when it occurs usually last about 5 to 7 days.

Also, the parent needs to determine how severe the situation is. Often times what is happening is there is definite positive changes, i.e. language, eye contact, awareness, but a child is getting some mild/moderate behavioral changes too as their body transitions through detoxification. If behaviors are not severe many times just waiting a little while will allow for things to settle down.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.