Candida and Inflammatory Chemical Mediators

Home Forums Autism Mastery General – Miscellaneous Candida and Inflammatory Chemical Mediators

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Dr Woeller,

I was doing some research for a patient, to rebut a study that was against the use of niacin (for one reason or another…) and I stumbled on this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1932954/

I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before. But the gist of this study is that it shows that candida can produce authentic PgE 2 by releasing and utilizing arachidonic acid from host tissue. I think this is a huge piece of information that seems to have flown under the proverbial radar.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

I have known for years that Candida caused some sort of inflammation, but I never really understood how, but this makes perfect sense. It would seem that inflammatory conditions that involve elevated PgE2 would be dramatically affected by this mechanism. It makes me think that a key part of treating these conditions should involve a systemic anti-microbial approach. I wonder how the Biocidin Liposomal formula would work in this case.

To me, this is a “smoking gun” situation. I remember a client of mine, before I got my doctorate, in 2007 was talking to me about how yeast was contributing to his joint inflammation. He and I played semi-pro football on the same team, and after I did some allergy testing on him and we focused on an “anti-yeast” approach, we wound up getting signed by an NFL-Europe team, and leading the league in receptions, yards, TDs, and scored the winning 95 yd TD in the championship game. He credited his success to changing his diet, and eliminating yeast issues. Now, all these years later, I think I understand how this was able to take place, and the science behind it. He knew it intuitively.

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Michael,
      Very interesting.

With candida being a fungus this doesn’t surprise me. It’s known that various fungus can trigger phospholipase A2 activity which would lead to an increase in prostaglandin production and subsequent inflammation.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.