13 yo OAT

Home Forums Autism Mastery Lab Testing 13 yo OAT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

HI Dr. Woeller! This is a 13yo boy with current and past regression- new onset seizures – anxiety/OCD for yrs since multiple antibiotics and vaccines.seems to be rapidly worsening. Thinking I should be aggressive with the dysbiosis tx. Flagyl x 10d then Q3d x 3 wks along with nystatin 3xd x 6-8 wks? With a probiotic. When do you know whether to use flagyl vs vanco? Also will give some mitochondrial support. IgG food test is pending. Already started him on concentrace mineral drops and Spectrum Mate multivitamin. He’s GF/DF already (will see when he comes in tomorrow how much of a difference that makes). Do you put everyone (that can afford it) with high pyroglutamic (58) on glutathione?
    Thank you!

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Jessica,
      I prefer Vanco over Flagyl, but its often not covered by insurance so much easier to use Flagyl. Vanco is specific for clostridia, but Flagyl is effective for clostridia too. Flagyl also effective against parasites like Giardia.

The clostridia is a high priority treatment on this test from my experience. I think your approach you outlined seems fine.

High pyroglutamic – Yes, everyone who is high gets glutathione. If they cannot afford it, then at least N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC). One dose of NAC is approximately equivalent to glutathione.

I hope this helps.

Dr. Woeller

P.S. My recommendation in the future is to block out the patient’s name and account number on tests you are uploading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.