11y.o male, long history candida

Home Forums Autism Mastery Oxalates 11y.o male, long history candida

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lynn AltierNeed
    Participant

Dr. Woeller,
      An 11y.o, some speech problems and learning disabilities, currently remains seizure free. He is on AEDs including Clobazam. Family reports a family history of yeast. OAT didn’t show elevated levels of yeast nor oxalates but mother was treating him with botanicals at the time of testing and feels confident that yeast needs to be addressed. He is slowly being introduced to Biocidin but recently is complaining of eye pain. Immediately I thought of the potential of oxalates.

I read that antifungals may force the production of oxalates. What is your experience? I can certainly encourage a low oxalate diet to find out if the eye pain resolves. Also, this young man drools throughout the day. He is currently taking a MV, D.E., probiotics and P5P and biotin. Your thoughts?
      Much appreciated,
      Lynn

DrWoeller
      Keymaster

Lynn,
        Have you checked him for heavy metals, i.e. lead, mercury. A good place to start would be a Hair Analysis and a Porphyrin Profile – both available from Great Plains Laboratory. Drooling can be associated with metal toxicity.

I have not heard about antifungals forcing oxalate production. Susan Owens, from Low Oxalates.info, has made commentary in the past about her concern over Nystatin affecting the lining of the gut and oxalate absorption. This was years back and not sure at this point if those same feelings persist. In my opinion and experience Nystatin has many more positives than negatives.

Biocidin and oxalates – ??? This is a tough call. There may be some related to it, but again the upside of Biocidin often greatly surpasses the negatives.

Eye pain – is he taking calcium? If no, calcium deficiency can also lead to eye pain.

Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
        Participant

Dr. Woeller,

Child is taking 500mg of Calcium per day. I will encourage the parents to order a heavy metal test. I didn’t find in the research drooling associated with possible heavy metal toxicity. Thank you!

Thank you as well on the clarification on anti-fungals possibly pushing oxalates. The literature may be outdated.

The family is taking the child to an optometrist.

I should mention that the family owns and manages a farm and they use Roundup. I’ve expressed my concerns and I’ve recommended a GPL-tox screen. They have shared with me all of the measures that they take to not administer the toxins and to keep it away from their immediate surroundings. The farm is their livelihood, yet may be a trigger for their son’s health issues.

Much appreciated,
          Lynn

DrWoeller
          Keymaster

Lynn,
            I think the GPL-TOX and Glyphospate is another great idea regarding testing. Toxicity in general likely leads to drooling in some and it wouldn’t surprise me that chemical toxicity could do this.

Sincerely,
            Dr. Woeller

Lynn AltierNeed
            Participant

Dr. Woeller,
              Thank you. The family is pursuing additional testing.

Relevant to this case. Child’s father has become my client. His m/c’s are digestive issues/anxiety/depression. His OAT reveals HPHPA. If my notes are correct you mentioned that Clostridium botulinum is the number one known producer of HPHPA. For sake of discussion, I understand that clostridium botulinum is not contagious, yet do you find that it can occur in families (consuming the same foods, for example)? The child did not show elevated levels of HPHPA but does show behavioral signs of infection, and is being addressed with the Biocidin/botanical protocol.

Much appreciated,
              Lynn

DrWoeller
              Keymaster

Lynn,
                Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of comparison data of family members with HPHPA. I will recommend people getting the test done, but this doesn’t always happen. In this gentlemens case treating his clostridia is definitely warranted.

Dr. Woeller

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.