Phosphatidylcholine/Lecithin and Neuroregeneration

Home Forums Autism Mastery Supplements Phosphatidylcholine/Lecithin and Neuroregeneration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

In some of my other studies I’ve briefly seen the mention of Phosphatidylcholine/PS/PE for Autism, Alzheimer’s as well as a treatment for Glucocorticoid Resistance in Adrenal Fatigue patients. However I’ve never heard or read an official statement about the use of choline.

So 1st- what are acceptable sources? lecithin? It seems that sunflower lecithin is a good source but most nutriceuticals have only one or two types (ie- PS/PC/PE)
    2nd- Do you use it in Autistic kids and if so what circumstances?
    3rd- Since we now know choline is an essential requirement and it also is a methyl donor (like SAMe or TMG) are there concerns about too many methyl groups with this supplement?

Thanks
    Aaron Hartman MD

DrWoeller
    Keymaster

Dr. Hartman,

-This information on PC/PS/PE generally comes from one source, and overall the results in autism have not been impressive. There may be some individuals that get benefit, but the cost of their products the value is questionable.

-I use to, but not much anymore. I am starting to use the CDP-Choline from New Beginnings. The patient pool has been low so far, so I cannot get an absolutely high ranking just yet, but no problem, and early indicators are positive response.

-Yes with both. I have used TMG only after giving DMG first to see what the effects are. Mostly, I use Methyl-B12. About 80% of the time TMG the response is negative and nothing. I have had some kids where it worked great, but not as consistent as the methyl-B12.

Sincerely,
      Dr. Woeller

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.